Magno con play?

Can Magno play and be the webadmin at the same time?

• Yes, I trust Magno

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No, Magno must quit the Spanish team

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Banana, dont Know yet... lets see later.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Magno_uy

Warlord
Hi! As you know this game will be with the apt mod or also know as "Spanish double turn mod"

This mod send lot of info from the game to the aptmod.com webpage, portal wich I'm the developer and webadmin.

This makes that I have access to the aptmod database, where all the info of the game is stored.

The question is... Are you fine with the fact that i had access to this info and will be playing with the Spanish Apolyton team? I promise I will not access the info and if I had to for admin reason I will not use it or comment with any other member of my team.

thanks.

Voted yes. It actually doesn't matter if you play or not, you could still help your team if wanted to, but I don't think you would. And also referring to an other topic (forum spies): it takes one to do the cheating but to use it the whole (or almost) team must accept it, and I don't think that any team would do that.

I think it's fine. mzprox has a valid point here. I'm not gonna vote on this though, as I think it's best if each team has one vote, and I haven't discussed this with anyone else at CFC. But I can't imagine there will be any objections.

Out of curiosity, Magno, will you open your private forum after the game is over, like we do? The fact that we do, might have a repelling effect on people even suggesting a cheat to their team.

Thanks, i will ask Astrologix, our moderator, but I thinks its correct to do soo. And actually it would be fun to read others teams forums after the game.

I open this poll to get the feeling, and also to make it very clear in this point if any justnt take notice of this yet.

I think it would be fine too. It's standard practice for the person hosting the game on their machine to also participate in the game. I see Magno managing the technical aspects of the mod as a similar situation.

I agree with tobiasn that this question should be decided by team vote.

ok.. to make its easy... lets do it the other way. If any team dont feel conformable with this, lets us know or tell r_rolo1 if want to make it private

Hi Magno,

As I said in another post, we have used at civfr the "Spanish double turn mod" for a pitboss launched at the beginning of 2011. Astrologix had strongly recommended us to use the mod and we were very satisfied by it during all the game. That's the reason why I also recommend to use it during this ISDG.

Anyway, it seems that the version of the mod we used had no link with aptmod.com.
Either it was an older version of the actual mod, or Astrologix did not tell us everything about the mod.:D

If a "simple" version of the mod (no link with aptmod.com) is available, we should use it according to me.

We don't feel very comfortable at civfr with the idea of information sent to any website.
Please do not see in our position a mistrust to your honesty.
We just think that all the possible causes of contesting should be avoided.

Hi Beto, thanks for your sinceryly opinion. Which version of the mod are u using? Its easy to see if that version can upload info to aptmod.com, check if theres a folder with your games name at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\YourGameName\results
if so, then taht version could upload info if you run the host client. Hope you want to try it even its not in the ISDG game.

Thinks you may like. Anonymous mailing. Remainders, first double turn advice, mail alerts and an Android version also available soon.
Theres a Warm up game rolling in CFC where someone are trying the webpage...

Top Bottom