Main Download Information

No, it's struggling with relative art paths. I thought I had fixed that. Well, the fact that it loads is half the battle though.

RoM 2.92 will be out soon, at which point I will release 1.735, which should work perfectly with your system. Thanks for testing so far. If you're interested, I could give you access to test patches to see if they fix your problem.

Edit:

Out of curiosity, what happens if you use the Mods folder that was in the Steam files? Does it change anything?

Afforess, no worries on the testing part. I figured since I lurked and suffered in silence for so long, us working this out has probably helped a few others.

I tried installing to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind directory and then created a link within Steam (BTS properties, set launch options, mod="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind"). The game launched fine, but the art pathing (??) issue was still present.

I can wait until the new version of AND to start testing again since that doesn't seem too far off now that RoM 2.92 is out. Thanks again for all of the help!

Othin,

Can you test this out for me?

Install RoM, then AND, then Patch K.

Then, in your Rise of Mankind/Assets folder, replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file with the one attached to this post. Does it fix the art issue?

View attachment CvGameCoreDLL.zip

Othin,

Can you test this out for me?

Install RoM, then AND, then Patch K.

Then, in your Rise of Mankind/Assets folder, replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file with the one attached to this post. Does it fix the art issue?

View attachment 255427

Afforess: I was having issues with some of the art (pink boxes); using Civ Complete (non-steam install) using Patch J. I used your new DLL and it fixed it! THX!

Great!

I'll use to upload a Patch K again.

A New Dawn works in any and all mod directories, huzzah!

Othin, I think I've identified the problem. A patch will be out soon that should fix your problem.

Afforess, what is this fix exactly, please? I get this same behaviour in my own mod...

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed the CvXMLLoadUtilitySet.cpp, that took care of it...

Afforess, what is this fix exactly, please? I get this same behaviour in my own mod...

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed the CvXMLLoadUtilitySet.cpp, that took care of it...

If you are not using a WoC Based Mod, there was no bug, it's a bug in WOC and Modular Loading of XML.

@Othin, I'm glad everything is working now. ;)

Probably Not for a long time. 2.92 is an experimental release, Zap said so himself. There are critical bugs in it, which I find unacceptable.

ahh lol.

So maybe wait for 2.93 RoM or something then, when its more stable?

Yep. If I go with the unstable version, I'll just get 100's of CTD complaints... I've done it before and regretted it.

Hi, playing and absolutely loving this modmod. Just encountered a small but sigificant problem though that I am hoping there is a simply fix for. I have just researched Railroad (and have also hooked up coal), but my workers still do not have the button to "Build Railroads". Any idea what the problem could be, and more important what I could do to fix it?

Thanks.

In the Bug Options Menu, turn off "Hide Replaced Worker Actions". It's bugged, but I've fixed it for future releases.

Hi, playing and absolutely loving this modmod. Just encountered a small but sigificant problem though that I am hoping there is a simply fix for. I have just researched Railroad (and have also hooked up coal), but my workers still do not have the button to "Build Railroads". Any idea what the problem could be, and more important what I could do to fix it?

Thanks.

Do you have steel - the resource? Railroads require both steel and coal. Steel is produced by buildings the Steel Mill or the national wonder the Iron Works.

Afforess, the bug you've fixed with patch K - Will it be as a separate download/install option in the future, or a part of everyone's further versions? I ask because one of my friends needs this fix to get it to launch and I'd like to play multiplayer with her.

It's already included by default in 1.74, I just didn't want to release a patch that breaks everyone saves. Feel free to install it on both of your machines, it has no real effect on already working copies, other than breaking saves.

Probably Not for a long time. 2.92 is an experimental release, Zap said so himself. There are critical bugs in it, which I find unacceptable.
The only critical bug I know is the Revolution component which fails if you use the options defect or lead the rebels. If you can figure out what's wrong with it, we'll get v2.93 faster. ;)

Couple feature changes are indeed experimental - AIs need to be made more competitive and that's why there's couple improvement/research related changes.

For multiplayers v2.92 should be more stable (less OOS) but I need feedback about it before I know if it really is better...

It's already included by default in 1.74, I just didn't want to release a patch that breaks everyone saves. Feel free to install it on both of your machines, it has no real effect on already working copies, other than breaking saves.

Very win, and thank you for the rapid reply.

Top Bottom