Main Download Information

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Viniloss

Viniloss Chieftain

Hi guys!

This will sound ridiculous, specially when i play civ IV and mods for all my life, but at some point I 'turned on' the option of the new units began fortified when trained and now I can not find the option to disable it! It's driving me crazy and from time to time i lose few turns because of this! It is not in the options "ctrl + alt + O" and, well, you know tell me where I turn this off?

Thank you very much!

2. os79

os79 Deity

It is actually CTRL+O, no ALT. It is in default Options, not BUG Options ;).

3. Viniloss

Viniloss Chieftain

HaHa! True! I said: It was ridiculous! lol

Anyway, thank you very much!

4. Viniloss

Viniloss Chieftain

BTW, be carefull with the dark side of the force, "Anakin"! ;-)

Cheers!

5. Ben-09

Ben-09 Chieftain

So, I've just heard about this mod. If it is standalone, does it contain everything in RoM as well? And does that mean I don't need to bother to download RoM, and can just download this instead?

6. Kwami

Kwami Deity

It contains everything from RoM, but some things are changed or disabled. In any case, it is standalone now and you do not need to download RoM separately to play A New Dawn. Just download AND, install it, and play. No RoM!

The installer is a bit weird. Make sure the install path is just ..\MODS and not something like ..\MODS\Rise of Mankind. Otherwise, it won't work. You can install to Program Files or My Games. I prefer My Games since it doesn't require running as administrator in Vista/7.

If you decide to play plain RoM, make sure that you install it to a different folder. For example, I have ..\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn and ..\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind. If you install them both to the same folder, neither will work.

7. Ben-09

Ben-09 Chieftain

Thanks. :)

8. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I'm not gone, just busy with other projects, and exams now too.

A New Dawn 1.75 Patch C Changes:
    • Fixed Critical MP Reloading Save Bug

9. Alornal

Alornal Chieftain

No luck with the cities stop growing bug?

10. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Have not even attempted to diagnose any bugs. In 2 weeks, I get a month off of college. I'll have time then.

11. Alornal

Alornal Chieftain

Same. Ok, thanks.

12. Crispin

Crispin Chieftain

The unit seems to upgrade themselves then they gain a level, any way to prevent this? Can't find anything in the bug mod options.

13. Stormwind

Stormwind King

I think this is in the normal BtS options.

14. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

You must learn to prioritize :

1. Civ Modding
    2. Unimportant stuff like exams, work, wife, kids etc etc... ;)

15. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 King

Just downloading this now....so fed up with Civ5 I'm entering the dark, subterranean world of MODS....wish me luck!

16. Grathocke

Grathocke Marquis

Me, too! I'll go back to Civ5 someday way down the road when someone like Zappara or Afforess has fixed it. To me it is a dumbed-down version of Civ. And on top of that it crashes all the time. No, I think it is high time to get meself back to AND (and sometimes RiFE).

17. spartan1066

spartan1066 Chieftain

hi
    been stuck with thisproblem for a while and cant find any related posts
    ive installed RAND but each time i load the mod inside BTS it only loads with white text in the top right statin RISE OF MANKIND A NEW DAWN, but not actually having made any changes to the game. that is there are no options for RAND available.
    its installed beside the other original mods that came with BTS and the others all load perfectly, ive reinstalled a half dozen times but this is about as close as ive got to playing it lol.
    BTS is also up to date.
    many thanks in advance for any help
    Rob

18. Davor

Davor Prince

Saw this on the Civ V forum and someone posted this link. Downloading now. My question is, is Espionage in this game?

There was a few mods out there that has no espoinage, and I don't like them. I love espiongage, so that I am not wasting 2 hours, I will ask here.

Is there Espoinage in the game? Has there been any impromvents or changes to it? So far I haven't read anything like it, so that is why I am asking.

19. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Yes, espionage is in the game. There are lots of changes to it, too. Overall, it's pretty good.

20. Davor

Davor Prince

Thank you Kwami.