Main Theme Music Continues After Game Start

Razormaid

Chieftain
Thread titles says it all. It's happened to me twice now, completely randomly out of nowhere.

I play with all DLC and both expansions. No mods are on or active.

When Civ V is booted up, after you've selected your options via "Set Up Game," you get the civ/ruler narration screen, and after you click on "Begin Your Journey," the main theme music is supposed to immediately change to whatever your civ's specific main song is. Right now, instead of my civ's song beginning, the main theme song just continues to play and loops without ever queuing to different song.

I've tried rebooting the game, retiring and reloading, exiting to main menu and reloading, pressing continue game in main menu, using the load game from main menu, resetting all game parameters and creating a whole new game...nothing works.

The first time this happened to me, I simply reverted back to the original BNW opening theme song (I replaced it with G&K's) and the problem went away. This time, however, the bug continues into my game regardless of whatever I set the opening theme song to.

What is causing this bug, and more importantly, how do I fix it? (And, NO, I do not want to just simply slide the audio sliders to zero...)
I'd rather not have to reinstall unless this is the only fix.

*EDIT*
I just added a slight alteration to the music file that the game opens up with (...\Valve\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Sounds\Streamed\Music) so that the file wouldn't play. Weird. After you disable it, it seems that NO music plays (all voices, effects, and ambient noises DO play, however).

Okay, weird. I just validated the integrity of my game's cache right now and rebooted Civ. The issue went away.

I noticed that when the bug began, when I initially booted up Civ, it would open in the background, so to speak, under other applications that were open. After I validated the game's cache, the game booted fine, and not in the background.

Any ideas what the issue was?

Top Bottom