1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Major bug/exploit in peace treaties

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by jar2574, Oct 28, 2005.

1. jar2574

jar2574 Prince

I don't know if anyone else has had this experience, but I found a major bug/exploit when negociating peace.

When Japan offered me peace for $90, I demanded all of his cities except for his capital, all of his techs, and that he convert. He did not accept this, of course, and was SUPPOSED to give a counter-offer. The surprising thing is that his counter-offer was EXACTLY the same as what I had demanded. So I got all 5 of his cities and all his techs.

Try this exploit if you're desperate. I'm sure they'll fix it in the first patch.

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved to bug reports.

3. stagnate

stagnate Warlord

Which button did you click to make it work? Was it the 'What do you need to make this deal work' option?

Did you get the alert about 'When making peace only one player can offer gifts'? It appears that the AI is putting things on the table, then the game code is saying "you can't add that" but the AI switches into "this is my offer" mode. I didn't try to actually accept the offer because I was trying to figure out the problem, but I think it's the same issue.

4. jar2574

jar2574 Prince

That's the message I got. And if you would have accepted it, you would have gotten whatever you asked for in the first place.

5. dpaajones

dpaajones Old England Forever

Apparantly they spent 6 months testing the game making sure it was perfect.

Too many donuts and too much coffee perhaps? Or maybe they were playing solitare like everyone else in the office...

6. dikwhit

dikwhit Warlord

yup.....found this bug myself, and wasnt even trying.