Major bug in current build with extra luxuries

arthurF

Warlord
Hey guys i just figured out why Rome was able to build 50 cities and still dominate in every possible way in my current game with the december 18th patch : Rome in this patch somehow gains access to multiple luxuries that are not actually on map, anywhere. I looked at the luxuries he was willing to trade and there were many copies of brazilwood, pepper, nutmeg etc...stuff you would generally only see if brazil or indonesia were in the game- and they are not. I started scanning the map, those luxuries are not existing on this map. I checked all the city-states to see if maybe it was one of the special city-state only luxs like glass ...nope. This is a huge friggen bug. Is it only rome? in this particular match, yes. Has anyone seen this with any other civ? Any idea why this would happen? I would love to start a new game if i could go delete those lines of code. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If you get a Great Admiral you can expend it to get 2 new luxes. Rome's Colosseum speeds up Great Admiral production through winning naval battles.

One additional aspect of this bug:the "ghost" luxuries Rome has do not show up on the list of ban-able luxuries in the UN votes.

Yeah the admiral thing COULD be what's happening, but he has sooo many extra luxuries..and do those admiral luxs not show up on map anywhere?

Yeah the admiral thing COULD be what's happening, but he has sooo many extra luxuries..and do those admiral luxs not show up on map anywhere?
Man did you even check Rome's uniques? Try to look through them one more time

I can confirm that this is quite normal for a steamrolling Roman on a map with water.
It is ok, though, because the extra GGs do so very little, at least the GAs need to make some impact.

I can confirm that this is quite normal for a steamrolling Roman on a map with water.
It is ok, though, because the extra GGs do so very little, at least the GAs need to make some impact.

The extra GG are killers once you gain the policy that doubles the amount of land taken from GGs. It’s actually almost game breaking particularly if you play on a smaller map.

Fair enough, but even if I ever go Autocracy, which I rarely do because it offers very little happiness, Lebensraum has a very, very low priority. I wish to use it more ofte, because I think the citadel think is very cool, but its efficiency is just lacking.

Top Bottom