Major Discoveries on Charm... CHARM WORKS

It's like using stun gas.

I hoped so it doesnt.

Sadly, we don't have any way of having two bombards in a same unit, meaning you can choose (like in RPGs) between weakening and attacker or picking off fleeing enemies.

:bump: Another use of this I've just thought about is that you can have a war cry (like the victory.flc animation) that could weaken the defenders, so
a)you shout about
b)you charge headlong into the fray, against weakened enemies.
What about it?

:bump: Another use of this I've just thought about is that you can have a war cry (like the victory.flc animation) that could weaken the defenders, so
a)you shout about
b)you charge headlong into the fray, against weakened enemies.
What about it?

It would be consistent with troops who believe they're facing vastly superior soldiery (Berserk Vikings, Mongol Hordes) even special forces ... :think:

:D Not bad, Takhisis, not bad at all!

Best,

Oz

Yeap, especially Berserks. I've always hought of how to implement a war cry, and suddenly, well... charm.

And druids, spellcasters... any other ideas?

No, no, I meant as in having a unit have two attacks per turn, it can bombard with Charm then attack.
I've just thought of flashbangs and smoke grenades...

For a WW2 type scenario...

Carrier aircraft should not have charm because:
1. Charm bombard does not work against ships
- This lets them have the ability to damage enemy ships

Ground Attack aircraft should have charm because:
1. They cannot damage enemy ships
2. They will be most useful attacking enemy land forces, and this would be realistic in supporting allied land forces
- They would not be able to damage enemy aircraft in bombing runs though

Other general fighter aircraft should not have charm because:
1. They will then be able to act as a general all-around air unit, acting as normal

For bombers, it depends; Heavy Bombers could be given charm, because they weren't accurate and caused more wipespread damage if anything, and having halved defense of units would represent this.

It really depends on each type of bomber, and what it was designed to do though. Giving bombers charm would also make it so they cannot damage enemy ships. I don't believe the AI knows this, because in tests, charm aircraft bomb naval units anyways.

----------

If a specific type of ship was made primarily for land bombardment, then charm would work for these ships (charm ships can't halve defense of anything but land units).

This is good information tom2050. I've been wondering how to apply charm to air units. I've got some ideas now per your suggestions.

Giving bombers charm would also make it so they cannot damage enemy ships. I don't believe the AI knows this, because in tests, charm aircraft bomb naval units anyways [...] If a specific type of ship was made primarily for land bombardment, then charm would work for these ships (charm ships can't halve defense of anything but land units).

Yeah, not even rouse-the-mob-and-hand-out-the-pitchforks me can fault developers for not finishing code that was decided would remain unimplemented.

- Oz

Yeah, not even rouse-the-mob-and-hand-out-the-pitchforks me can fault developers for not finishing code that was decided would remain unimplemented.

- Oz
Except if the decision to leave it unimplemented comes from difficulties to finish it.
I'm so glad, Steph, that someone else here is as at least as, um, "adamant" as I :wallbash:

;) ,

Oz
That makes three of us now. Steph is a serious candidate for becoming the new Mr. Howe.

Oz and i are part of the Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe law firm. We need a third member.

Top Bottom