MAJOR indonesia and america buffs in patch?

kingofsealand

Warlord
so i noticed this in the change notes

[UNDOCUMENTED CHANGES]
These existed in the last build, but did not make the change list.
Indonesian Candi no longer requires Fresh Water.
American Minuteman now has an additional promotion to earn points toward Golden Ages with kills.
Samurai upgrades to Rifleman instead of Musketman (also obsoletes later).

I understand nothing about programming or changelogs so does this mean that these changes have been made they just forgot to tell us about them? Or that they told us about them but then decided not the make the changes??

If in fact these changes are going to be carried out, these this is a big boon for america and indonesia.

Americas boon is obvious, they are getting the UU brazil has only they get it waaaayyyy ahead of brazil and then could of course keep upgrading them until they were on par with (superior to?) brazils own pracinhas.

Indonesias is mightily apparent, the candi being a garden replacement and all, if the candi no longer requires fresh water then every single city indonesia builds can make a garden and snag the 25% GP boost even if they dont have access to a river or lake. Would be quite a boon and remove lots of the debate indonesia players might have faced before about the best place to build versus where they can build and still use their UB.

Thoughts? Are either of these OP or needed changes?

The Candi change really is there, I saw it in the difference between the building xml rfiles. I'm very fine with it; unless you re-roll for a river start, you could have games where you were unable to build their UB at all. Also, given that the special power of the UB is rather light, the main power of their UB is the ability to build it in every city.

As to America, I have a hard time seeing their UU giving them more than one extra golden age.

The Candi needed it. Every Unique of Indonesia before was extremely situational.
If no other continent, no UA.
If no fresh water, no UB.
If unlucky, swordsman with negative promotion.

Thankfully, at the very least, you can now build your UB regularly.

As to America, I have a hard time seeing their UU giving them more than one extra golden age.

It's one extra golden age during a time of expansion when you have a strong unit that ignores terrain cost. I basically see the new bonus as a way to make sure that you can afford to fund your Manifest Destiny.

Does America's Golden Age promotion stick around when minutemen get upgraded? If so, all those extra points could seriously add up towards the end of the game. More reason to go Freedom!

Those are my favorite kinds of bonuses- even if they don't add up to a whole lot, they are still extremely "flavourful." (Like the quirky samurai fishing adventures thing......)

Yeah, these are pretty cool. I'm on the fence about the America change, but while the minutemen are strictly better than the pracinha now, Brazil gets far more out of golden ages, so that's all right.

The change on Indonesia was pretty needed, and actually makes that UB really good and suddenly synergetic with the civ. You'll want to expand a bit more with Indonesia than with other civs, and to locations off continent that may not be on rivers. Getting extra faith and great people from these UA cities, and just more great people from all non river/lake cities is going to be pretty nice.

Indonesia buff is really strong. To get maximum from their cities, Indonesia before needed to:
- Build cities on other land masses.
- Have the cities on shore to have trade routes (and religions with them).
- Have the cities near lake or river to get the bonus from religions.
This was very difficult to achieve. Without the last requirement, any island would be ok.

Surely, getting GP bonus in cities without fresh water is also very well.

err sorry a bit oot

I'm still a newbie here

About candi's special ability

"+2 faith for each World Religion that has at least 1 follower in the city"

does the "world religion" means every religion or the one we may propose on the World Congress ?

and btw, glad to hear that Candi doesn't require lake/river

historically, there is no such thing :crazyeye:

Also good for immersion because Indonesia isn't a noted river civilisation. :)

err sorry a bit oot

I'm still a newbie here

About candi's special ability

"+2 faith for each World Religion that has at least 1 follower in the city"

does the "world religion" means every religion or the one we may propose on the World Congress ?

and btw, glad to hear that Candi doesn't require lake/river

historically, there is no such thing :crazyeye:

You get +2 faith for each (normal) Religion with at least 1 follower, but not for pantheon followers. ;)

Top Bottom