1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Major strategic resource trading bug (Should be Fixed)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by bitula, Feb 25, 2019.

1. bitula

bitula Prince

You can trade any resource for any other on a one-to-one (or low-to-low) base. For example I request one niter for one horse. If I want 20 niter I just need to repeat this 20 times. The trading partner though won’t give me 20 niter for 20 horses in one step because he thinks I’ll get too much advantage of such deal (which is fine so far...) but then he shouldn’t give away the next niter in this low amount for the next time (same turn). This makes the resource management meaningless since you can almost always get any amount of resource with zero effort especially if you have many allies. Furthermore I can trade late era resources like aluminum for like two luxury resources which is too generous, eliminates all amenity problems. Both problems point to a possible bug where resources when traded in low amounts are treated as in before GS where resources were not accumulative (counted as one like luxuries).

2. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

Yep, can confirm this exploit.

3. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Reproduced. Thanks for pointing this one out.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Should be fixed, per patch notes:
    • Correctly value maintenance resources when calculating trades. Reduces possible exploits with resource for gold trades with the AI.
    • Fixes to trades for strategic resources - Stop paying full value for them when you've got a decent stockpile, not just at the stockpile cap. Reduces possible exploits with resource for gold trades with the AI.