Major ToT Scenario issue

Cicero1747

Chieftain
Dear All,

Greetings! I recently purchased ToT, and followed Catfish's excellent guide to installing it (L:\Microprose\Test of Time) and patching it up to 1.1 and then v. 0.14.1 of ToTPP, adding video codices, etc. Then, also going from his links, I downloaded a variety of ToT versions of old favorites of mine from FW/MGE, including Imperium Romanum, Fading Lights, Age of Justinian, Heroes of Beckhorn, and a couple others. Then I ran into major issues. To preface, I checked all options out in the main menu other than "start scenario"---the Midgard scenario runs fine, as do all of the other options---this problem is unique to starting an actual scenario. I also tried running the "Somewhere/Elsewhere in Time" scenarios that I installed as per his guide, and they ran fine without a hitch. The issues I am about to describe only occur when I run a ToT converted scenario file that I downloaded that was NOT made by Microprose.

Essentially, I start the scenario, which starts normally, I go through all selection screens, and then it loads the map normally: starting event pop-ups activate, and other civs do their turns, but when it comes time for my turn to start, ToT crashes every blessed time, regardless of which civ or scenario I am playing. It has done this for all of the scenarios mentioned without exception, and the only scenario that seems to piss off ToT more than these is Fading Lights: it crashes immediately upon selecting it without even going to the civ selection screen! I am beyond puzzled; in order to see it it wasn't just a minor quirk, I installed it on another computer: same exact results. The first comp had Win7 64-bit, and the second WinXP 32-bit, for the record, and I followed the same steps each time. Any ideas? Is it possible it is a major problem with ToTPP v0.14.1, and I should downgrade?

Thanks for any help!

Cicero1747

Thanks for the tip! I tried that with 0.13.2, and now all scenarios work fine, solving my problem. I would love to know what is going on! Must be some sort of incompatibility? Just as a follow-up, if I want to make scenarios, should I just avoid v0.14 of ToTPP, or does it not matter?

Thanks!
Cicero1747

v0.14 is buggy, most if not all scens are written for v0.13.2. Even if you did get v0.14 to work you'd have problems later.

Top Bottom