1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Make sure ALL European nations are in on Random Maps.

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by Refar, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Refar

Refar Chieftain

I started a game using the Stock New_World map script and Random Civs...

Got Dutch myself.
    Found out later that England was not in the Game (spent like 15 minutes looking at the map in WB, because i couldn't believe it first...)

Made a few Random maps to try, and most of the time only 3 European Nations are present... Somehow this annoys me... (I would go as far as to call it a bug).

Is there any way to ensure all 4 European Countries are present, without presetting everything ?

2. Hipshot

Hipshot Chieftain

Had the same issue yesterday, was playing a MP LAN game with a friend here at work. After a few rounds, well, more than a few, we kinda noted, that we were the only ones and the natives in the world... pretty boring. Do you really need to select the other European forces to get them in the game?

3. woodelf

woodelf Bard

That is definitely wrong. If anything they could make an option for you to not have them in the game, but default they should be.

4. Refar

Refar Chieftain

Yes, i think too.
    From what i know about Civ4 maps scripts/SDK this is something that is hard to access for Modders, so perhaps Firaxis will need to fix it them self...

5. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Actually, this isn't a bug and it's simple to change. If playing on LARGE and HUGE maps you get all 4 Euro nations. If you play on STANDARD or smaller you get less.

Here's the tags from Civ4WorldInfos.xml that are relevant:

iDefaultPlayers = Total number of player on map.
    iDefaultNativePlayers = Number of tribes on map.

So obviously, iDefaultPlayers - iDefaultNativePlayers == number of Euros on map. :)

6. Refar

Refar Chieftain

Ah thanks.