make the city bars and font larger

keldath... I have not seen any access to the UI Font Scale for the Civ Game.
Other than changing the resolution for the game, you might look into "FontForge". https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=990853
FontForge link is on the tutorial.
I have not tried it but perhaps you can change the Font Size of the LSANS.TTF in Conquests. Back Up the Original File if you try it.

Regarding changing the font, has anyone ever tried renaming the font you want to use LSANS

Yes... IIRC the way to do that is described best by taube in this post. I also found a different way to accomplish the same basic goal on Windows boxes, which I described in this post. In both cases, it allows you to use a different font, though not quite as straightforwardly as renaming the file.

While that doesn't allow you to directly increase the size of the font, if you have a font that is larger in the same nominal size, it can effectively allow you to somewhat increase the font size. Occasionally this causes the font to overflow the area where it's supposed to live, as seen in a couple of the screenshots I included in the linked post, but it may be worth the tradeoff, particularly if like @keldath you're seeking a larger font.

Vuldacon mentioned the other key way to achieve the basics of the goal, via resolution. By default the game should tell the monitor to use 1024x768 resolution, but if you have the line KeepRes=1 in the conquests.ini file, it will not do that. If that is the case, removing that line will make everything effectively bigger, at least as long as your monitor scales the 1024x768 to the full size of the screen, as opposed to putting black borders around the game.

Glad to see that you guys are using the "get around method" to solve the problems and applying known techniques to do so :thumbsup:
Pounder... Some of the problems with using a different font and re-naming it to LSANS is programed space for the font. As Quintillus posted... there will be some overflow.
There are solutions to most of the "problems" we want to solve... Funny how more is known now than ever before concerning the Civ Game and how to MOD it... would like to see all of the Members again.

keldath... This is a Very Good Group of people here and I am Happy you are a Member.

The Civ III/Conquest Game remains BEST for Modding :cool:

Top Bottom