1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Making Ancient Era resources revealed from turn 0.

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by shiorinr, Jan 21, 2018.

1. shiorinr

shiorinr Chieftain

Hello, I have been trying to multiplay with someone who is very picky about starting locations and the amount of rerolls done until his "good enough place" is found has become unbearable. While revealing everything won't solve the real problem, having ancient era resources revealed would help a lot. So I have been trying to do that, I found these CommunityOptions.sql and ResourceReveal.sql but changing COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RESOURCE_REVEAL value to 0, as indicated didn't have any effects, tried reseting cache on top of it but it didn't help either. Either way, looking at ResourceReveal.sql, it seems horses would still be hidden even if that option worked. Any hints on how to reveal all the Ancient Era resources from start?

2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RESOURCE_REVEAL only works for luxury resources and bonus resources.

Strategic resources are vanilla features and are not changed by Vox Populi in any way.

3. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Another thing you can do, is choose "strategic balance" resource option depending on map type. Strategic Balance guarantees Horses, Iron, and Oil within working range of every Civ's initial Settler's position. It does not guarantee Coal, Aluminum, or Uranium. Although, they are revealed at their normal occurence in the timeline.

4. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

For horse and iron, you have to manually move their revelation to the agriculture tech.

Another solution is to play with strategic balance. It should forces to have exactly one source of iron and one source of horse near the spawn point.

Last solution is In Game Editor. Instead of restarting the game, you can manually add some ressources to the spawn point.
    (Step 1 : create a modpack with IGE and VP. Step 2 : start a MP game with the Pitboss option. Step 3 : Everyone except the host disconnect (the Pitboss option prevent the AI to take the Player place). Step 4 : use IGE to modify the map. Step 5 : everyone reconnect to the game.)

(Legendary start could also help to reduce the number of reroll)

5. shiorinr

shiorinr Chieftain

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll try strategic balance.
    Unlikely it will be enough tho as it's not about having horses/iron but about having a "decent" amount of resources in capital (according to his standards) without the overload of an abundant/legendary start.
    I'm pretty sure i managed to reveal the resources requested in another installation some time ago, i just can't remember exactly which files were edited.

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

7. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

I have yet to see a "she" in this subforum.

8. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Wait, you can see people through the internet? That’s terrifying.

G

glaivemaster, thunderbird_14 and Ziad like this.
  9. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Psst. They're everywhere.

:scan:

10. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I was mistaken for one, if that counts...

vyyt likes this.
  11. MorphBer

MorphBer Warlord

Does this guy have nj or 666 in his name? :D

12. shiorinr

shiorinr Chieftain

No idea what this is about but nah.

I was mistaken btw, it's not only about quantity of resources but also no "bad" resources, no more than X tiles of "bad terrain", no jungle plantations and so on. So yeah, with all those reqs i guess only map editing would help.