Making Cooperation Agreements mean something

Stringer1313

Emperor
As a starting point, maybe Cooperation Agreements should increase / double the amount of science / energy you get from trade routes with the cooperating partner. Other ideas?

for both sides or only for "you"?

I think it should be both sides. So if you want the benefit, you risk helping a potential rival too. Greater interdependencies like these should be allowed so that declaring war actually exacts a cost.

I wonder if Research Agreements from Civ5 will ever return in some form. They were pretty awkward (at least to me) in Civ5 setting, but in CivBE they will fit pretty well.
And ofcource you need a cooperation agreement to sign research agreements.

Coop agreement is somewhat of a gate towards further partnership right now. I'm not sure I like that, but that's how it was in Civ5 and is right now at CivBE.

"Coop agreement is somewhat of a gate towards further partnership right now."

Yes, and it is better than teamship because you can use external trade routes by this method.
However, I cannot yet speculate whether, say 3 humans had better chance against 3 separate AI-s that fight together or a team of AI-s that can trade better. Any ideas?

"Coop agreement is somewhat of a gate towards further partnership right now."

Yes, and it is better than teamship because you can use external trade routes by this method.
However, I cannot yet speculate whether, say 3 humans had better chance against 3 separate AI-s that fight together or a team of AI-s that can trade better. Any ideas?
Usually I play matches with my friends with something like 1v1v1v3v2 setup.
3 AIs in a team typically becomes a mishmash of affinity levels, resulting in a very poor play. Also they can't make a coordinated attack - usually it's one of the neghbour AIs assaulting you and other aside from a few units don't participate that much. If you happen to border two AIs in a same team - things could become rough for you.
With the same reason we stopped playing in a team - everyone had their own view of tech path in Civ5, and with affinity system it became worse. Also the ability to earn gold from TRs was also a factor when we decided to split up - because we had our own cities for inner trade routes to feed, and from other point of view it guaranteed a player will always have another player to trade with even in the case of a total war.

Also, cooperation agreements could enhance their impact even further if you share the same affinity. Perhaps even have affinity-specific bonuses (and of course, flavor diplomatic dialogue that highlights these affinity-specific benefits).

Yeah maybe cooperating partners could (after a time of cooperating maybe and/or earning some favours) engage in a joint project to gain affinity points or virute points or science points

I would also like the cooperation to mean more. I had one AI on the other side of the world asking over and over for cooperation, like I could really move enough fighters over there in time to do anything about her hostile neighbors. I also liked the idea about trade between cooperating factions to give bigger gains.

Top Bottom