Making Explorers gain experience

Bosparan

Chieftain
Hello,

currently, Explorers gain no experience and can thus not rise in levels. I have not found out why that is the case, and thus the remedy eludes me. Can anyone point me in the right direction, how the game determines civilian units and how to change this?

Cheers,
Bosparan

Hi Syrkres,

thanks for the links:
The improved versions are simple stat enhancements and didn't work with experience and promotions. Building a replacement explorer would be fairly trivial, but I'd really prefer to fix the existing one, so that it's the starting explorer and the AI uses it properly. I'll go with the replacement, if necessary, but I'll be damned if I don't try it the hard way first! ;)

Cheers,
Bosparan

You could use my Advanced Explorer as a base; I simply haven't had the time to fix it for Rising Tide (and it's currently-broken for the vanilla game as the Unit Upgrade screen was backported to vanilla). Link's in my signature, you could dig through the code.

Hi Gorbles,

I've taken a look at your mod. It's a neat integration into the old upgrade system (and can probably made to work for the new one as well). Would you mind if I stole the idea for a standalone mod?
That said, it doesn't provide for experience-gain for explorers - it merely implements an upgrade path.
Creating a completely new explorer unit with copied stats of the original works well, but it's not really the way I want to go, as it means I have to fix all the effects that target the old explorer unit (Policies, events, etc.). I'll also have to <keep> fixing it when additional content comes, which I don't particularly want to have to do.

I assumed that it's integrated in one of the Unit-Table variables, but if you can just copy-paste the whole Unit and that one can then gain Experience then I'd assume that it's probably hardcoded somewhere. At least I can't find anything that would manually disable Experience gain for the Explorer in the Promotions/Upgrades etc.

Top Bottom