1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Making of Civilization" livestream Feb 13, 2pm ET

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Bosque

Bosque Chieftain

I would definitely like to see a return of vassalage, along with colonization on different continents perhaps leading to revolution and independence if the loyalty and happiness issues are bad enough on the distant continent.

But instead of just becoming "Free Citizens" who attack everyone, they could become some kind of greater city state, with multiple cities, which could interact with the entire world.

qadams likes this.
  2. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

OK. I guess I just misremembered.

3. Haggbart

Haggbart Chieftain

To be honest, quite a few reviewers are pointing out that Civ6 is already quite feature-heavy. I mean, just look at the different yield types (of course in a very broad sense, but just to make a point); food, gold, production, culture, science, faith, tourism, loyalty, diplomatic favour, grievances, era score, GPP of all types, all the different strategic resources, amenities, housing, power, emissions, envoys, government titles, trade route slots and great work slots. I'm not sure Civ6 can handle many more added mechanics to be honest. What I would like to see is more coherent interaction between the different mechanics. For example a non-powered city in the later eras could affect amenities or loyalty. As of now there are a whole lot of systems that feel slightly disconnected. But again, I need to play GS to see for myself.

4. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Warlord

I would want to disagree though, since several mainstays of the series are not in the expansion, and I feel there's still some opportunities to make with regards to the mechanics. At least, I hope we could get another expansion.

The Kingmaker likes this.
  5. Casworon

Casworon Chieftain

I'm also hoping for another expansion. We don't have GS yet but from the outside looking in most of the features still seem a bit all over the place and not too intertwined together. Like the game could do with some more polish more than anything. I guess we are going to find out once we get to play it

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Official announcement:

Stilgar08 and leif erikson like this.
  7. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I am expecting disappointment from some hoping for a fair bit more on modding tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Sagax, CPWimmer and WillowBrook like this.
  8. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

There are a few features only available in scenarios in Civ 6 that I'd like to see make it across to the base game, for example gold and the awesome Egyptian temple design in the Nile scenario.

WillowBrook and The Kingmaker like this.
  9. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

I am really looking forward to this livestream, for an insight into the behind the scenes moments (also it is the last 5am stream before release)

10. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

I mentally view silver as "precious metals." I also treat wheat as a stand-in for millet, barley, rye, corn, etc.

Eagle Pursuit and Depravo like this.
  11. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

I just use the Mod that adds gold into the base game.

Duuk and Boris Gudenuf like this.
  12. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Chieftain

The official announcement image makes no doubt that it is a celebration for GS. 3rd expac is not off the list.

13. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

New expansion could easily introduce new mechanics without introducing new yields.
    For example: economic victory, ideological cold war, rebellions and stability, epidemics etc.

14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I don't think that means much either way. "Say Goodbye to Civ 6!" isn't exactly going to sell many downloads. ;)

Builderphile, Vandlys and Alexadamz like this.
  15. Haggbart

Haggbart Chieftain

Yeah I just mentioned the different yields to show how many different (and partly independent) systems are in the game. If they could find new stuff that could tie the different systems together I'm all for it. Although my money is still on this being the final expansion. But if they come up with something clever and coherent, I'm more than happy to be wrong :)

16. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Would sales of GS really impact their decision for a third expansion? Surely they would have already started preliminary conceptual and design work on a third expansion if they wanted to ship it by February 2020, work which they probably wouldn't throw out unless GS bombed very, very hard.

As things stand, we're sitting at one less civ than V and there are still iconic civs missing from the roster. Add to that that we're missing some iconic world/natural wonders (Notre Dame, Mt Fuji, etc.). There are also new mechanics and systems that we're coming up with on these forums, which you have to assume have occurred to the dev team.

Then take into consideration that they've deployed this iteration of civ across more platforms than ever, both consoles and mobile. They're obviously putting a lot of time and effort into VI.

Really, the only indication it's time to move on to VII is the argument of, "Well, it's been out for about two and a half years and has two expansions. They never do more than two expansion."

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  17. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

I think it will probably influence Firaxis about devoting money to it, though.

18. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Grr... why can I never enjoy these things live? I either have a boss patrolling the office or clients to meet with whenever a live stream is going on. :(

19. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

My point is that if they have a timeline for Civ VI's development that included the possibility of a third expansion, they'd have to have made the decision to go forward with it well before sales information was available for GS. They've already devoted money to it if this is the case. To cancel these plans, and therefore waste the time and resources already devoted to it, GS would have to perform deplorably.

20. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Hungarian ancient theme?
    Now it's Polish.