Making peace by declaring war

householder

Lord of the Fleas
During peace negotiations, there are several forms of reparations: gold, gold per turn, accept embassy, etc. One form of reparation is to declare war on another civ.

As part of a peace offer, I have requested that the AI civ declare war on someone else. But never has an AI civ agreed to it. So, have anyone here had success with this demand?

Additionally, I don't recall an AI civ making such a demand on me, as part of a peace deal. Has anyone encountered this?

The AI is really fickle when it comes to warfare, I'd be shocked if anyone actually got them to declare war as part of a peace treaty deal.

No, not really. Ais don't like to say yes to me sometimes when I ask for gold gpt and resources. Higher difficulty level ais sometimes give more since ais make more. ... and give less when you take away cities.

I've managed this a few times. The civ you ask them to DOW must be weaker than them so try and not kill too many of their units. Also they need to not like the other civ. If you plan ahead you can achieve this by getting the civs to war in the past.
Bribing civs, although not an exact science is somewhat of an art-form. If civ A wont DOW civ B(your target), civ B might DOW civ A(your friend). Here's a nice screenie of when I was able to get the whole world to DOW Alex.

Attachments

• diealexdie.jpg
    diealexdie.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 119
well, if you just attacked them and killed most of their unis, obviously, even the dumb civ AI recognizes its a bad idea to attack someone with a weak, wounded army.

This makes sense to me.

It makes no sense for a defeated AI to pick a war with someone else as part of peace unless the player gave it a huge incentive, like lots of cash, maybe.

And if the AI is the winning part of the deal it wouldn`t agree to a war because it was told to by the defeated Player.

Top Bottom