1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Making sense of all the buildings

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by BlueTemplar, Jul 10, 2011.

1. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

Arriving at Renaissance there are so many buildings available, it starts to be hard to find the right one. What if there was a checkbox option so that buildings were classed, instead of name, by function? All the ports together, all the bazaar, market, grocer, bank, etc... together... There would be a final "Misc" category for the buildings that don't fit anywhere or are not numerous enough to form their own category.

2. Smikis

Smikis Chieftain

hover over them? hover over different incomes/production so it list buildings that benefits that option.. science trade hammers.. etc

too much job for practically no need.. make sure you disable in bug all buildings you cant build, all obsolete and replaced buildings. so you dont have 20 grayed out buildings, you can always enable that when you wondering why you cant build something to check out,

3. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

The whole point is that you wouldn't need to search for the building you want to build. If you disable buildings you can't build right now it will be harder to plan ahead. Also, I wouldn't qualify my request as "practically no need". I almost considered stopping playing I was so frustrated by the quantity of buildings to build, and how hard it was to find the right one you wanted to build. If all the similar buildings would be regrouped together, it would be a lot easier to choose between them.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I made a post in C2C from you idea BT.

I proposed that there be headers in the City Build List with that type building listed in alphabetical order under each header. This would help in finding what you need/want to build for that city.

JosEPh

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I made a simple mod that could sort the buildings by cost to build. However there are two problems.

1) I haven't figured out how to make the switch in sort order happen inside the city screen. Currently you have to exit the game.

2)There is no classification of buildings like you are asking for.

6. zitro

zitro Chieftain

How do you disable obsolete and replaced buildings? I'm not very familiar with BUG coding.

Thanks!

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

They are options on the City Screen tab in the BUG options.

8. zitro

zitro Chieftain

I honestly can't see the option there. I have 1.75c version.

Thanks.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

OK, I sent you to the wrong tab:(. It is the third tab "A New Dawn" I think. "Hide Obsolete buildings" etc.

10. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Which if you use then the early road types will disappear from the build list and only the most current researched ones will show. This in turn means higher build costs when maybe you don't have the funds for that Paved road and a Mud path would do for right now. That's the one of the drawbacks for Hide Obsolete Buildings check box.

JosEPh

11. zitro

zitro Chieftain

Thank you so much. I fixed so many things, simplifying worker/city management.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is a different check box for worker actions. I don't use that one because I build the cheapest routes everywhere except for the military roads between cities and frontier forts.:D

13. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

I tend to build basic Roads everywhere. They remove terrain penalties compared to the car path, and provide a bonus for many improvements...

14. Stelmack

Stelmack Warlord

I tend to let the ai handle my roads, because I do not know how to run an economy and am afraid of choosing improvements. The only roads I specify is trains go everywhere, highways go in between cities.

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

And I almost Never build any Forts. :lol:

But I upgrade my roads as they improve the tile. In fact a new mine in Industrial Era will get a "road" one turn and then next turn get a Paved road, and then railroad the next. So each successive "road" upgrade gives me a Mine (in this ex) upgrade in hammers and/or Gold. And I build Roads Everywhere! (i know there are player who hate this but they're not playing my game.) :) :p

JosEPh :D

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I build forts al la Maginot Line. Zone of control is gooood.:D

17. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

What are you talking about, successive road upgrades don't give you more :hammers:, it's just a graphical bug!

18. Smikis

Smikis Chieftain

real pros automate, this isnt mplayer.. where ur stuck with 3 workers whole game!

19. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

It's even more fun on archipelgo maps with lots of islands near the cost. Just stick a weak infantry and a fort on island chains, and cause havoc with your enemies ships, which will also be unable to attack.

20. antoca

antoca Chieftain

They give for limbermills.