1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Making wealth, research, culture and espionage not go on forever?

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Bate1999, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Bate1999

Bate1999 Chieftain

Hi, let me first say I love Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn it is one of my favorite mods. Now I wanted to know if there was any way for me to make all the convert 50% of things (wealth, research, culture and espionage) in the “Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn” mod last like 5, 10 or 15 turns and so on or until a certain amount production has been put into it and so on (like can I change something in the XML to make the changes I want)? I want the game to alert me when the city is idle again too. I ask about this because sometimes I want to run a convert 50% of but for a few turns and do not always feel like checking all my cities to see which ones are running convert 50% of... with a feature like this I can more comfortably run that without steady looking at my cities all the time to see which ones I need to stop the convert 50% of (a few of my games I have a lot of cities).

2. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

You can set reminders with Alt+M or Ctrl+Alt+R to tell you to take cities off of a process. We'd have to DLL-code any kind of expiration on processes, and I think that would cause problems for people who want to leave their cities on a process.

What I've always found useful is leave a process at the end of your build queue, then use Ctrl-Click to add buildings on top of it. Use the F1 screen to go through your cities quickly and if there is a new building available, add it to the building queue, and then your cities will fall back on the process once the buildings are done.

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I agree that it would be useful if the convert process would not be infinite but last 5 turns.
    Say I want to build a building (6 turns) and a Settler (8 turns) My city would grow in size in 10 turns and I have to wait 23 turns to research a tech that gives a new building I want to build. I would queue it up like this:
    • Building (6)
    • Build Wealth (5) - before it's over, my city has grown and I can start training the Settler
    • Settler (8)
    • Build Wealth (5) - once it's over I can chose the new building to build
    In my other cities I don't want to build anything, just waiting for the new building:
    • Build Wealth (5)
    • Build Wealth (5)
    • Build Wealth (5)
    • Build Wealth (5)
    • Build Wealth (5) - once it's over I can chose the new building to build

4. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Being one of those people I absolutely agree, except that there is a way (I think it's ALT, don't quite remember the shortcut off hand) to order a city to loop an item infinitely. So if this applies to processes as well there would be no problem.

5. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

Correct, ALT will build an item indefinitely. I use this to spam units leading up to wartime.

6. Bate1999

Bate1999 Chieftain

That would be nice if ALT could be used to trigger it indefinitely on and off. I also did not know about F1 screen that information was really useful, thanks everyone so far your help, I myself will keep looking into this.

7. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I would support this idea, especially as you can use Alt to spam-build it if desired.

8. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I'd go the other way. I would really prefer the infinite process. Maybe that could be a BUG option?

9. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I don't see anything wrong with more options.

10. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

The nice thing about the F1 panel is that if you click a city in that screen, it brings up the build selection panel for that city so you can queue up several cities in sequence. The only problems that I find are that if you sort the F1 screen it resets after you set a city's new builds and if the city long is long enough to require scrolling, you have to work from the bottom of the list up.

11. Bate1999

Bate1999 Chieftain

Having it set up as a BUG option sounds good, I would be fine with that change.

@Vokarya: I know I cannot believe I have been playing all this time without using the F1 screen; it helps with managing a lot of cities especially late game!