Making wealth, research, culture and espionage not go on forever?

Bate1999

Chieftain
Hi, let me first say I love Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn it is one of my favorite mods. Now I wanted to know if there was any way for me to make all the convert 50% of things (wealth, research, culture and espionage) in the “Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn” mod last like 5, 10 or 15 turns and so on or until a certain amount production has been put into it and so on (like can I change something in the XML to make the changes I want)? I want the game to alert me when the city is idle again too. I ask about this because sometimes I want to run a convert 50% of but for a few turns and do not always feel like checking all my cities to see which ones are running convert 50% of... with a feature like this I can more comfortably run that without steady looking at my cities all the time to see which ones I need to stop the convert 50% of (a few of my games I have a lot of cities).

You can set reminders with Alt+M or Ctrl+Alt+R to tell you to take cities off of a process. We'd have to DLL-code any kind of expiration on processes, and I think that would cause problems for people who want to leave their cities on a process.

What I've always found useful is leave a process at the end of your build queue, then use Ctrl-Click to add buildings on top of it. Use the F1 screen to go through your cities quickly and if there is a new building available, add it to the building queue, and then your cities will fall back on the process once the buildings are done.

I agree that it would be useful if the convert process would not be infinite but last 5 turns.
Say I want to build a building (6 turns) and a Settler (8 turns) My city would grow in size in 10 turns and I have to wait 23 turns to research a tech that gives a new building I want to build. I would queue it up like this:
  • Building (6)
  • Build Wealth (5) - before it's over, my city has grown and I can start training the Settler
  • Settler (8)
  • Build Wealth (5) - once it's over I can chose the new building to build
In my other cities I don't want to build anything, just waiting for the new building:
  • Build Wealth (5)
  • Build Wealth (5)
  • Build Wealth (5)
  • Build Wealth (5)
  • Build Wealth (5) - once it's over I can chose the new building to build

and I think that would cause problems for people who want to leave their cities on a process.
Being one of those people I absolutely agree, except that there is a way (I think it's ALT, don't quite remember the shortcut off hand) to order a city to loop an item infinitely. So if this applies to processes as well there would be no problem.

except that there is a way (I think it's ALT, don't quite remember the shortcut off hand) to order a city to loop an item infinitely

Correct, ALT will build an item indefinitely. I use this to spam units leading up to wartime.

That would be nice if ALT could be used to trigger it indefinitely on and off. I also did not know about F1 screen that information was really useful, thanks everyone so far your help, I myself will keep looking into this.

I agree that it would be useful if the convert process would not be infinite but last 5 turns.

I would support this idea, especially as you can use Alt to spam-build it if desired.

I'd go the other way. I would really prefer the infinite process. Maybe that could be a BUG option?

I don't see anything wrong with more options.

The nice thing about the F1 panel is that if you click a city in that screen, it brings up the build selection panel for that city so you can queue up several cities in sequence. The only problems that I find are that if you sort the F1 screen it resets after you set a city's new builds and if the city long is long enough to require scrolling, you have to work from the bottom of the list up.

Having it set up as a BUG option sounds good, I would be fine with that change.

@Vokarya: I know I cannot believe I have been playing all this time without using the F1 screen; it helps with managing a lot of cities especially late game!

Top Bottom