Malakim / Mana Nodes

mastrude

Paraclete of Kaborka
Supporter
I've been playing the Malakim. I've been constructing fire and water mana locations, but roads to them soon blow away and I can't teach my adepts to use fire and water mana in my cities, or even at the node. The road through the node itself seems to last, but I can't use the nodes at all.

At first I wondered whether there was a tech I was missing. I had read that the malakim take any desert tile as a road, but this wasn't working. I found a tech named Dune Speaking, but never saw a way to research it, and it wasn't listed among the pre-discovered techs for the Malakim.

Iron mines seemed to work. I could upgrade military to iron from elsewhere. But mana didn't.

I speculated that maybe Malakim weren't allowed to have water mana, but the problem existed with fire also.

Can anyone explain to me how to connect to mana nodes as a malakim?

If you aren't getting the Dune Speaking tech at the beginning, then that's a glitch that needs fixing which should fix your mana issue as well. Try giving the tech to yourself in the world-builder and see if it works.

I've been playing the Malakim. I've been constructing fire and water mana locations, but roads to them soon blow away and I can't teach my adepts to use fire and water mana in my cities, or even at the node. The road through the node itself seems to last, but I can't use the nodes at all.

At first I wondered whether there was a tech I was missing. I had read that the malakim take any desert tile as a road, but this wasn't working. I found a tech named Dune Speaking, but never saw a way to research it, and it wasn't listed among the pre-discovered techs for the Malakim.

Iron mines seemed to work. I could upgrade military to iron from elsewhere. But mana didn't.

I speculated that maybe Malakim weren't allowed to have water mana, but the problem existed with fire also.

Can anyone explain to me how to connect to mana nodes as a malakim?

Were you playing with Wild Mana enabled, or were the mana nodes created as a result of another event? You might not have had the requisite technology or improvement atop the raw mana (even if it were typed mana). Do you happen to have a save file or screenshot?

Top Bottom