Malakim+ Rerelease

You could make the dervish a unique version of the shadow that doesn't need CoE (with Detect Invisible and maybe with an additional bonus vs. recon or hidden nationality?).
That way you don't need to make a new unitclass for it and you can give it a bit more flavor. Besides, the Malakim shouldn't be building shadows anyway. :p

You could make the dervish a unique version of the shadow that doesn't need CoE (with Detect Invisible and maybe with an additional bonus vs. recon or hidden nationality?).
That way you don't need to make a new unitclass for it and you can give it a bit more flavor. Besides, the Malakim shouldn't be building shadows anyway. :p

That's actually my basic plan atm. I'll have to mess with it's strength and add any bonuses, but that's trivial. I'm just glad the new assassin unit fits with the rest graphically. :D

suggestion: give "scorch" to lightbringers instead of workers. it makes sense and gives you a good reason to build them early and use them to do something useful while the workers do their normal business ;)

[to_xp]Gekko;7653950 said:
suggestion: give "scorch" to lightbringers instead of workers. it makes sense and gives you a good reason to build them early and use them to do something useful while the workers do their normal business ;)

That would work nicely, will probably do that. :D

You know, that would also mean that Malakim Priests would be able to learn Blinding Light, and their High Priests would be able to learn Summon Aurealis.

I don't know how you can block them from getting the promotions. Preventing them from casting the spell should not be very difficult. You'd just get endless reports of bugs though. Better not give scorch to lightbringers.

Yes, but not without consequences. You could make Sun II and III be only available to UNITCOMBAT_ADEPT, but that would also mean that disciple unit trained by Govannon would be unable to get them and more importantly that Chalid could not get them either.

Of course, you could make a unit specific copy of the Sun I spell instead of giving them Sun I if you like.

Another way would be to make Sun II require Channeling I as well as Channeling II, and making it so that the first level spells do not require and that Lightbringers do not start with Channeling I.

Adding a python block preventing Lightbringer upgrades from casting would be easy, but would slow the game down.

I personally don't see much of a problem with the Malakim having access to these spells though priests, at least if it was limited to Empyrean Priests. In my version I removed the Lightbringer unitclass and made them a Vicar UU with Sun II (allowing Blinding Light and letting Malakim Luridi get Sun III for Summon Aurealis) and Perfect Sight (which lets them see invisible and gives +50% vs illusions. Aureales also have this promotion in my version, plus the ability to target units like assassins in stacks of stronger units).

I think a new copy of Scorch would be easiest - esp. if promotions are still error-prone in modules. You'd be able to customize it then, too.

If you really wanted them to get Sun I but not be able to get Sun II you could use the PROMOTION_EXCLUDES tag on a new promotion for Lighbringers.

I think a new copy of Scorch would be easiest - esp. if promotions are still error-prone in modules. You'd be able to customize it then, too.

If you really wanted them to get Sun I but not be able to get Sun II you could use the PROMOTION_EXCLUDES tag on a new promotion for Lighbringers.

I think that's what I'll do, especially since I could then put a turn delay on it. Gives them an incentive to use arcane units for it instead once they're available.

I just started a game as Decius of the Malakim, and I really like the concept of Dunespeak and how it works, but to be completely honest I think the free unit cost portion of the promotion needs to be removed. Running Pacifism & having a huge army to boot shouldn't be a feasibility imo.

I just started a game as Decius of the Malakim, and I really like the concept of Dunespeak and how it works, but to be completely honest I think the free unit cost portion of the promotion needs to be removed. Running Pacifism & having a huge army to boot shouldn't be a feasibility imo.

Dunespeak was actually put in by Xienwolf, but I tend to agree, at least with the Malakim+ installed. I'll be at least reducing it once I can release a new version.

Going to be updating this within the next day or so, but will most likely be removing most of the unitart. Will leave the Adept alone, of course. Other slated changes are:

• Switch to the new Dervish model by Mr. Underhill, increase Dervish str (Possible sun affinity?), make Dervish an upgrade to normal assassin, requires lvl 6. -Done. Unique Shadow, requires guilds tech. Does not require CoE. Str 9 :move:1 rather than Str 8 :move:2, sun affinity rather than 2 poison dmg. Must be upgraded from lvl 6 assassin.
  • Create a Scorch clone, give it to Lightbringers, remove scorch from Beduins. -Done. Only able to be cast in your borders, 3 turn delay.
  • Edit Dunespeak, reducing/removing the upkeep cost. Possibly remove See Invisible, grant extended sight range instead? Giving this to Dervish. -Done. No longer reduces upkeep costs in any way, and only allows you to see invisible Animals.
  • Remove camel resource for the moment. Until I have a few camel rider graphics, not really useful. -Done
  • Begin working on new desert improvement system. (Details in spoiler below) -Oasis done. Buildable by Adepts, 5 tile requirement between Oases. Special Oasis for Malakim, 5 :food: rather than 3. No turn delay, would allow you to cheat the tile requirements.
  • Make a FfH2 Minor Leader Mod compatible version, if Notque releases an FF compatible version in time. :please:

Spoiler :
Copied from an earlier post, food from Bazaar will likely not be as described. Thinking that it should be enough on it's own to support a size 4 or 5 city, no more.

Oasis
Buildable by adept/mage?
Delay of 10? turns to build.
Requires 5 tiles of buffer between oases. Only lets you have one per city, even with the Slums.
Ring of tiles surrounding the Oasis must be desert.
Granted +2 food by the Desert People tech, makes it a total of 5.

Beduin Improvements
Require two tiles of buffer space, allows for 4 per city, 5 with the Slums.

Bazaar Need a better name...
(.1?) food per square of unworked desert per trade route.

In a normal city, this is at most 15 squares, assuming all desert and the oasis and beduin improvements are constructed.​

If you reach both Trade and Mercantilism, an inland city can have 5 trade routes. This allows for .1x15x5 food, or 7.5 food. Coastal cities have more trade, less desert, won't change too much. 7.5 food, along with the Oasis and Beduin Villages, is enough for a size 13 city.​

(.2?) food per desert square while running Foreign Trade, allowing for a population of up to 18.
These amounts ignore flood plains, and will likely need to be tweaked.

The Slums would allow for up to 29 tiles of unworked desert, but as that is a relatively late wonder I don't think I should balance for it. If possible, I'd like the Bazaar to only count the first two rings, which would take care of this.

Any thoughts on this are more than appreciated.

you should wait until the changes from FFH patch R get added to FF 0.50 imho, since there's a lot of new malakim art in that patch ;)

So, looks like the only way I can put a minimum distance between improvements would be to make them a spell, rather than a normal build order, which could cause the AI problems.... Leave it as is, or make the change to a spell?

Edit: Also, I think the only way to have anything like the Bazaar would be to use a civic, same as the Mazatl, which is too similar imo. Could possibly try editing the BuildingsSchema to include some of the same fields as the GameInfoSchema, but I'm not too sure about that.

You mention that some files of base FF .50 will be overwritten. Does this mean that your modmod will become unusable with any new patch release of FF?

And one more. What is the Civ4BuildInfo.rar file attached to the lower part of your first message? Do I need to download this, also?

Top Bottom