Malay Leaderhead: Hayam Wuruk-3D, Era Specific, Animated

Rita Poon

You've just been Reinerd!
Southeast Asia can be a little better represented in my epic game now.

Title: Rajasanegara
Name: Hayam Wuruk

Represents the Malay people, including Nusantara, Phillipines & Peninsular Malaysia.

From Wikipedia:

"The Malays are the dominant race which live in Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and the Philippines which, together with Singapore, make up what is called the Malay archipelago. The Malays are traditionally classified as a member of the Mongoloid race, along with other Asiatic peoples, including Chinese, Mongols, Japanese, Koreans, Thais, Vietnamese and Burmese.

The term "Malay" is both generic and specific. Generally, the name "Malay" is used to describe all the numerous related groups including the Acehnese, Minangs, Bataks and Mandailings who live in Sumatra ; Javanese and Sundanese in Java ; Banjars, Ibans, Kadazans and Melanaus in Borneo ; Bugis and Torajans in Sulawesi; and the various dominant ethnic groups in the Philippines such as the Tagalogs, the Maguindanaoans, the Tausug, the Ilocanos, and the Visayans.

Specifically, this name is also the proper name of the subgroup which is native to the eastern part of Sumatra but migrated to the Malay Peninsula and the Riau Archipelago over the past thousand years or so. Sometimes, but very rarely, this subgroup is called "Riau Malays" to distinguish it as a specific group.

Other groups classified as Malays which live outside what is called the Malay archipelago include the Cham who live in Cambodia and Vietnam and the Utsuls who live on the island of Hainan. Descendants of the Malays could be found today in Sri Lanka, South Africa (the "Cape Malays") and Madagascar. In the latter, they are known as the Merina and one of the dominant ethnic groups in that country.

The languages spoken by the Malays were classified in the Malayo-Polynesian family of languages which is now known as Austronesian family of languages which includes the language spoken by the Merinas in Madagascar, the Maori language in New Zealand and the Polynesian languages such as Samoan and Hawaiian.

In terms of religion, most of the Malays are Muslims; they form the dominant religious group in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei. Their conversion to Islam from Hinduism and Theravada Buddhism began in the 1400s. Most Malays in Singapore and Thailand are also Muslims. Most Malays in the Philippines have been Christians since the colonization by Spain. Hinduism is the dominant religion in the island of Bali while small groups in other parts of the archipelago practice animism and Buddhism"

Wanted a challenge, so I originally created him from the default Poser 4 character.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to encourage me & advise me on how to improve the leaderhead. Extra :thanx: to durfal for his encouragement & advice on backgrounds & clothing.

Download Here (8 MB)

Scroll down to post #13 of this thread for PCX files.

EDIT: Updated-used a different model. Was fun to try the Poser 4 model, but that thing is pretty awful. The new Hayam Wuruk is now available for download.

Attachments

• Hayam Wuruk.jpg
    Hayam Wuruk.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,610
It is what it says. You have to keep a 30 second pause when sending messages.

I give up on PaintShop Pro for PCX files. Just used Photoshop & seem to have figured it out. Ancient age tested fine, so far. Let me know if there are any problems.

UPDATE-zip now contains all PCX files for the 2nd draft of Hayam Wuruk. Sorry, but I couldn't check them in game before uploading. Let me know if they work. Thanks!

Attachments

• HayamPCX.zip
    329.4 KB · Views: 526
The Poser 4 model really is really limited. Can do so much more without it. As a 2nd draft, this guy's low on my list of priorities. But I think I like the way he looks with glasses in the Mod Era.

Middle Era armor looks better without all that awful texturing. Also needs the flowers-just found a couple of much better, much more detailed flower models to use.

Going to tattoo his chest in the Ancient Era. Thinking about using the Chocolate Mountains as a backdrop.

Will also touch up the Industrial beard & he'll be done.

No sweat. I can fix that.

Also haven't yet applied the bump map, so his skin should be less plastic looking in the final product. And his hairline seems to be receeding in the Middle Era.

Top Bottom