MALE English Leader request

SpartanPete

Chieftain
Guys can someone make a Male English leader please?
I dont understand why we had 2 female players?? I hate playing a as a girl lol

Im not sure who to use ?? maybe make up King Arthur? or churchhill?
Truth is it doesnt matter as it will be my name when i play with him wont it!?

Or even let me know a way so i can change the female details to male myself and uise a male graphic.

2 queens? pha.

I've always thought King Henry VIII would make an awesome English leader for a civ game. Sure, he wasn't a great king but as far as famous monarchs go, he's as big as they get.

Just an idea to throw out if anyone considers it eventually.

By the way, Churchill's gonna be in the next expansion, so your hopes there should be fulfilled when Warlords comes out.

Henry the VII was a better King, but I take your point, as for doing one a Leader yourself, there are plenty of fairly good tutorials, although I think there is a leaders mod in this forum here that adds male UK leaders, I'll put up the link if I find it.

There is a mod called Europa Europa, and in expanded scenario you can find Henrik VII, use a bit of skill and drag it out to main game

There's plenty to choose from. I wouldn't go for Arthur because a lot about him is myth and the truth probably covers several Kings, but he was a Briton, just like Alfred and thus would never have considered himself English.

Churchill's a good idea, or Asquith, William I (the Conqueror), Richard The Lionheart, Edward Longshanks, Maybe Lord General Wellington, or even Lord Admiral Nelson, though the last two weren't actual National Leaders. Just please, no Tony B.Liar!

Broken Legion said:
Henry the VII was a better King, but I take your point, as for doing one a Leader yourself, there are plenty of fairly good tutorials, although I think there is a leaders mod in this forum here that adds male UK leaders, I'll put up the link if I find it.

Can you point us to these tutorials? I haven't seen em:-x

Awww I like playing the ladies, not very productive though i cant stop playing with my breasts.

I think there should be a leader of ENGLAND, and not Britain. Unless Firaxis wants to rename the civ to Britain, it is stupid to have Victoria as the Queen of England. Would it make sense to have George III as the leader of Canada? Of course not.

Mozza said:
There's plenty to choose from. I wouldn't go for Arthur because a lot about him is myth and the truth probably covers several Kings, but he was a Briton, just like Alfred and thus would never have considered himself English.

Churchill's a good idea, or Asquith, William I (the Conqueror), Richard The Lionheart, Edward Longshanks, Maybe Lord General Wellington, or even Lord Admiral Nelson, though the last two weren't actual National Leaders. Just please, no Tony B.Liar!

It is good that Churchill is being added in the Warlords pack. I think there should have been a male and female leader for each civilization as was the case in Civ 2.

What's wrong with having Blair as the brit leader? I think it would be a hoot playing as one of the current leaders such as him or Bush! :)

Or even better, handing Bush his Texan {edited for content} and rubbing it in his face while you refuse to accept his peace treaty. Only then do you nuke him and watch him be reduced to a 0 on the scoreboard as your tanks run down his last city.

Rshu said:
I think there should be a leader of ENGLAND, and not Britain. Unless Firaxis wants to rename the civ to Britain, it is stupid to have Victoria as the Queen of England. Would it make sense to have George III as the leader of Canada? Of course not.

Victoria's first title was Queen of England though.

I personally think it would be far better to have Britain than England.

From Wikipedia:

After Elizabeth's death in 1603 the kingdoms shared one King, James VI of Scotland and I of England. On 20 October 1604 he proclaimed himself "King of Great Brittaine" (thus including Wales and also avoiding the cumbersome title "King of England and Scotland"). This title was eventually adopted formally in 1707 when the Kingdom of Great Britain was formed.

Could be an interesting leader for a British civ

Canute. he was actualy the king of "england", and from what Ive heared he was one hell of a king. Otherwise get someone else around that time theme. Maybe Arthur (spiritual, Organised)

.....or tony blair....
j/k

Seems like a lot of people already posted good examples for English Leaders. However, I would like to point out that King Arthur was actualy fictional. The whole story of Arthur and Merlin is a kids story with no truth to it whatsoever.

However, on a side note, there may have been a King Arthur that SpartanPete is referring to. If so, I am not aware of that. History was not one of my good subjects. :p

Agent 009 said:
Seems like a lot of people already posted good examples for English Leaders. However, I would like to point out that King Arthur was actualy fictional. The whole story of Arthur and Merlin is a kids story with no truth to it whatsoever.

He was undoubtably based on real Kings though, and was almost certainly a Briton not English.

I will be uploading a Britain civ soon featuring male leaders amongst other things.

Top Bottom