1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MALE English Leader request

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by SpartanPete, Apr 24, 2006.

1. SpartanPete

SpartanPete Chieftain

Guys can someone make a Male English leader please?
    I dont understand why we had 2 female players?? I hate playing a as a girl lol

Im not sure who to use ?? maybe make up King Arthur? or churchhill?
    Truth is it doesnt matter as it will be my name when i play with him wont it!?

Or even let me know a way so i can change the female details to male myself and uise a male graphic.

2 queens? pha.

2. Appers

Appers Chieftain

I've always thought King Henry VIII would make an awesome English leader for a civ game. Sure, he wasn't a great king but as far as famous monarchs go, he's as big as they get.

Just an idea to throw out if anyone considers it eventually.

By the way, Churchill's gonna be in the next expansion, so your hopes there should be fulfilled when Warlords comes out.

3. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

Henry the VII was a better King, but I take your point, as for doing one a Leader yourself, there are plenty of fairly good tutorials, although I think there is a leaders mod in this forum here that adds male UK leaders, I'll put up the link if I find it.

4. [CRO]Nemesis

[CRO]Nemesis Chieftain

There is a mod called Europa Europa, and in expanded scenario you can find Henrik VII, use a bit of skill and drag it out to main game

5. barriecowdery

barriecowdery Chieftain

I think that Richard I would be a better choice of a king, or perhaps George III and he could have crazy eyes as he went a little doolaleee

6. Mozza

Mozza Prince

There's plenty to choose from. I wouldn't go for Arthur because a lot about him is myth and the truth probably covers several Kings, but he was a Briton, just like Alfred and thus would never have considered himself English.

Churchill's a good idea, or Asquith, William I (the Conqueror), Richard The Lionheart, Edward Longshanks, Maybe Lord General Wellington, or even Lord Admiral Nelson, though the last two weren't actual National Leaders. Just please, no Tony B.Liar!

7. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

How about King Alfred? He was, after all, the only "Great" English monarch.

8. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

Can you point us to these tutorials? I haven't seen em:-x

9. Mozza

Mozza Prince

10. Zeusius

Zeusius Chieftain

Awww I like playing the ladies, not very productive though i cant stop playing with my breasts.

11. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Hahahahahahahaha...

12. Rshu

Rshu Chieftain

I think there should be a leader of ENGLAND, and not Britain. Unless Firaxis wants to rename the civ to Britain, it is stupid to have Victoria as the Queen of England. Would it make sense to have George III as the leader of Canada? Of course not.

13. katipo

katipo Chieftain

It is good that Churchill is being added in the Warlords pack. I think there should have been a male and female leader for each civilization as was the case in Civ 2.

What's wrong with having Blair as the brit leader? I think it would be a hoot playing as one of the current leaders such as him or Bush! :)

14. ownagehamster76

ownagehamster76 Chieftain

Or even better, handing Bush his Texan {edited for content} and rubbing it in his face while you refuse to accept his peace treaty. Only then do you nuke him and watch him be reduced to a 0 on the scoreboard as your tanks run down his last city.

15. Mozza

Mozza Prince

Victoria's first title was Queen of England though.

I personally think it would be far better to have Britain than England.

From Wikipedia:

After Elizabeth's death in 1603 the kingdoms shared one King, James VI of Scotland and I of England. On 20 October 1604 he proclaimed himself "King of Great Brittaine" (thus including Wales and also avoiding the cumbersome title "King of England and Scotland"). This title was eventually adopted formally in 1707 when the Kingdom of Great Britain was formed.

Could be an interesting leader for a British civ

16. dimaliok

dimaliok GayLORD

Get War lords

17. dalek master

dalek master Prince

Canute. he was actualy the king of "england", and from what Ive heared he was one hell of a king. Otherwise get someone else around that time theme. Maybe Arthur (spiritual, Organised)

.....or tony blair....
    j/k

18. Agent 009

Agent 009 Civ 4 Addict

Seems like a lot of people already posted good examples for English Leaders. However, I would like to point out that King Arthur was actualy fictional. The whole story of Arthur and Merlin is a kids story with no truth to it whatsoever.

However, on a side note, there may have been a King Arthur that SpartanPete is referring to. If so, I am not aware of that. History was not one of my good subjects. :p

19. Mozza

Mozza Prince

He was undoubtably based on real Kings though, and was almost certainly a Briton not English.

I will be uploading a Britain civ soon featuring male leaders amongst other things.

20. jlocke

jlocke Cold Warrior

Churchill is coming in the expansion, and is available (along with neville chamberlain, amazingly) in the XX Century Mod