1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mali is All About Getting that Medieval Science Golden Age

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarigoldRan, Feb 15, 2019.

1. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Otherwise, you can't keep up with science. But if you can get it, then suddenly all of your Sugupus are generating +5 commerce AND +5 science/turn (even more if you built your cities right and use Reyna).

With guilds and Reyna, you can potentially get a Sugubu with +40 (!) science and commerce per turn. (+10 Sugubu with Reyna's bonus and double commerce bonus from guilds).

2. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

yeah... increasing cost of districts and stuff and then when renaissance comes you pretty much just deflate unless you've already won by then. Which means prolly only useful only if going full-scale domination with UU.

I'm thinking that religious is pretty much the only way to go with them peacefully (and use gold to purchase holy sites... don't spend your previous faith buying buildings!) for which science is quite useless. (Culture still has some use in growing borders and reaching religious civics earlier)

3. Troy Bruckner

Troy Bruckner Chieftain

I stayed with monumentalism so I could spam workers as long as possible. I was Suzerain of Nazka and Cohika (the one with the +gold mound improvement). Gold was flowing in fast and even consistently spending I had 90K saved up when I built Big Ben which of course bugged out and set my gold to negative 30K and ended my game.

4. aguliondew

aguliondew Chieftain

I found it hard to get a golden age with Mali I only had 2 of then during early/mid game. With Mali faith is best for domination its cheaper to buy end game units than the build them. With gold being twice as valuable as production you can go either way for a culture or science victory but try to max out the govern than enables you to buy districts.

5. anandus

anandus Errorist

You might want to pick up stewardship for your religion (1 sci per suguba, 1 gold per campus)

6. Troy Bruckner

Troy Bruckner Chieftain

Get a couple scouts out early and maybe a third. Mali doing well is also very map dependent. Contrary to other races it's probably better to set your traders to your second city or whichever one has the most flat desert tiles. If you can be Suzerain to Kumasi, Nazca and Cohicka (spelling) and you have enough desert for a dozen cities you can dominate.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Golden era wasn't too hard for me with increased barbarian spawn. Cultural victory is viable if you buy everyone's great works which is what I did. If you have enough gold you can buy whatever great works and relics you want. Use faith for naturalists and rock bands.

8. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

whaaat? big ben is bugged ?:eek:

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Big Ben worked in my Mali game. I only had around 26k when it triggered. I didn't want to delay it anymore, I kind of need that gold as the Mali.

10. Troy Bruckner

Troy Bruckner Chieftain

I got siphoned by an enemy spy just before I guilt Big Ben so that is probably what caused it to bug out...… Now I want to play Mali again grrrr :p

11. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

And signal this bug to the devs ;)
    No defensive spy on your market ? you've been sinning

12. Troy Bruckner

Troy Bruckner Chieftain

I had a defensive spy, but I could do without the spy aspect of the game..