1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Mali Livestream

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 9, 2019.

1. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

I don't see any need for city-state suzerain benefits to be perfectly scaled with one another.

2. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Warlord

I figured that the World Congress starting at the Medieval Era is similar to the Apostolic Palace for Civ4 BTS, except that it's not actually aiming for a religious victory.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  3. _hero_

_hero_ Chieftain

They don't have to be perfectly balanced, but it would be nice if none of them sucked. When the UI ones are bad it is particularly disappointing because you have to invest builder charges into them. They should all at least be worth the builder charge.

Kimiimaro, Zaarin, Victoria and 4 others like this.
  4. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

Or Industrial Age Europe. Basically it might be a nice way to encourage players to spread their mines, Factories & Power Stations out a bit more.

5. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Did we get any clear indicator that the change in America UA is a replacement, not an addition?

I presumed as much, but I don't know for sure. If no one else knows, I'll ask on Twitter.

6. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

It would be nice if the Chateau, Kurgan, Sphinx were brought in line with them for that matter.

I actually don't think Alcazars are that bad, they mostly just suffer from the same issue forts do - its unlikely you'll need the defensive bonus in single player. But they are spammable tourism post flight of you are going for a tourist victory.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I don't think they need to be equivalent and totally balanced, but they are decidedly lacking now and could use some love.

AvianBritish, bbbt, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  8. jddods

jddods Chieftain

I agree I never build these in fact these CS are my targets if I spawn next to them.

9. Sostratus

Sostratus Chieftain

Hey, who cares about gold, food, housing, and 2 amenities per city, when you could have two faith from this bad boy Monastery?!
    Not biting?
    Okay, okay, this colossal head- bear with me- two faith again- but that's not all! That's right, you get an entire point of culture at humanism!!

No? Still going with the Cahokia mound? Jeez, tough crowd.

---
    It's very frustrating to have improvements like this because they really have no niche except to put them on worthless tiles. The mound is major civ-tier quality. Like it could be an alternate for the mekewap.
    The alcazar acts like a fort, that i get. But the monastery just helps heal religious units and gives 2 faith.
    If armagh goes down to some AI, I shed exactly zero tears. Which is too bad.

10. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

I just realized that the Chateau gets even worse in GS with the build by a river requirement.

nzcamel and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  11. Sostratus

Sostratus Chieftain

On the upside, sometimes those river tiles will have extra fertility, so chateaux are a bit more self sustainable. They aren't very good improvements though, at least compared to the pairidaeza, which is almost a totally better version.
    Districts on river tiles are really getting devalued. So typical CH, dutch bonus districts, khmer holy site, those are taking up now-extra valuable real estate. Improvements not so much since you still get the full tile yield.

bbbt likes this.
  12. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Chieftain

I think it has less to do about the yields and more about the repair costs if they get flooded.

Holding a 1 charge builder for repair duty is easily done on a stretch of river, but repairing districts and buildings is much more difficult/costly. I'd hate to see an entire city or twos worth of districts get blown out from random floods or secret agents loitering about.

That being said, certain civs will have to take those risks for their abilities but at least they'll know what they're getting into.

13. Daigotsu Max

Daigotsu Max Chieftain

I'm delighted with Cahokia as I love unique improvements. They've really seemed to embrace the idea with GS.

I agree some could use a boost, though to me the Alcazar and Colossal Head have the perk to turn any tile into a tourism tile. But the Alcazar defense bonus doesn't matter much to me and the monastery healing matters not at all. A +1 to another yield for each would go a long way imo.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  14. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ Chieftain

Have civ vi went to only a building game. it feels so, seems so boring looking at these streams where the ai have just a couple of combat units. so in a war the ai still send 1 unit and no ships. doesnt look better with the new expansion. thats why i play civ v. i like VI better but the war is so boring

Civrinn likes this.
  15. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

Problem with unique improvements from City-States is a City-State problem in general.
    First: You have a random group of City States on your maps. So Auckland, for example, is a extra bonus to your game gifted by RNGesus
    Second: City States are sooner or later (rather sooner) conquerd by AI
    So building Cahokia Mounds will be a rare pleasure.

16. Bechhold

Bechhold Chieftain

Did they ever say why the Accept and Refuse deal buttons were reversed?

17. Starwars

Starwars Chieftain

Oh no... is this a thing? I'm gonna misclick all the time. :lol:

18. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

I disagree. They always have to find common ground between the casual player and the fanatic and simplification has been with the series forever. I believe the climate system looks like quite complex already... Pillaged tiles because there's a mine doesn't sound like fun to me.

Until recently... :mischief:

To me it's like an auction with an anonymous bidder - I'm good with it. And IF AI can handle the system just a bit (let me dream, ok?) it's good to have more impact from foreign powers and their interests - adding another layer to diplo and dealing with your neighbours.

I thought dams will solve that problem and your districts are not highly endangered after building them no? That'll make dams vital for France, Khmer, Dutch...

Victoria likes this.
  19. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Chieftain

For me, the fact that you have a World Congress session without knowing everyone could be seen as this, if you want a Roleplay perspective :

Imagine, in the real world, Poland and Portugal. You know, of course, how the world looks like a bit, but not precisely and, more importantly, you do not have diplomatic relationship with one another. You do not know what is the politics of the other country, you do not know which is the king (queen?), the war status, and soone. But, suppose the Pope ask for a Crusade. The both of you (Portugal and Poland) could give your advice about the Crusade without knowing the tiny bit about the other kingdom. And still you have participated in the same "World Congress session".
    In the same vein : Portugal started the Age of Discoveries. Poland does not know much about Portugal because it's too far, but thanks to England, Spain, France and the Netherlands going into intercontinental colonization, the pitiful duchy of Courlande went into colonization too.

(Of course these are silly, rubbish examples ; I have not the faintest idea about the diplomatic relationship between Poland and Portugal during the Middle Ages and maybe they were best buddies. But I hope you get my idea).

Dams vital for the Dutch? I'm sorry, I want a REALISTIC civ game, kind sir, please!

Stilgar08, DWilson and SammyKhalifa like this.
  20. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

It's Firaxis' fix to improve the AI. :D By getting the human player to do dumb things. Actually I haven't noticed it changed.