1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Man, the Grammy's sure sucked.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by thestonesfan, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Death

Death #1

Couldn't agree with you more. Awards going to musical groups like Outkast and Evanesance kinda makes me sick as a fan of music.

2. Archer 007

Archer 007 Rebirth

Well, at least you've to admit the Grammys are a bit more in touch with reality then say, 10 years ago. Jethro Tull's back-to-back metal grammys prove that they were out of place with the universe.

3. Karl Lenin

Karl Lenin Prince

Well said, comrade!

4. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

Right! America has nothing like the wealth of talent that burst out of Communist Russia.

5. Mrogreturns

Mrogreturns The Ghost Who Posts

I watched last year to Steve Vai's performance- other than that I have never bothered to watch because, and I've never used the phrase before "I strongly suspect that it sucks".

6. Karl Lenin

Karl Lenin Prince

Don't get me wrong. The American culture is leaning more toward music and sing than most other cultures. It's interesting, though, how much of the best music is created as a reaction to the politics of the country. The Reagan era is a fine example of this.

7. lord_byron_nz

lord_byron_nz Gimme some money

C'mon OutKast ain't that bad...surely!

I happen to like them a lot :D

8. Stapel

Stapel FIAT 850 coupé

haha! I think I won't marry soon!

A friend of mine was invited by 'a couple' to watch the Eurosongfestival, just a few months after he and his gf decided to live together. Same drama, I guess. Women have this ability to like disgusting stuff like songfestivals and Granny Awards, above watching football or driving a car from a to b....

To the communists, polluting this forum ;) :

Giving awards to musicians or other artists is never objective, by definition! But:
    Nobody is forced to take part in awards, and everybody is free to start its own awards. Making awards state organised and sponsored events will not make it better! It just costs more taxpayers-money.

Apart from that , I really doubt the 80s will be remembered as a great musicians decade........

9. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

The 80's sucked, for the most part. There are always exceptions.

10. hawai_74

hawai_74 mac über alles

Beyoncé is the worst image i've ever seen in my life. she's the best actual musical prototype. Nothing to say, just a body wihtout a brain and without creativity. This is killing music. The musical industry doesn't care about music they just try to force the masses to listen to an iconical b****.

11. andvruss

andvruss Deity

Agreed.