Mandir building icon and Mysticism tech icons

Barathor

Emperor
Mandir icon

Mysticism icons

Both are implemented in my latest little mod on the Steam Workshop:

New Mandir Building and Mysticism Technology

I went with the first image (with the zodiac symbols) for the tech within the mod, though I'm still a little undecided. Out of those three, did I make the right choice? Or does anybody have any other ideas on how I can represent the tech? :)

They're great! I could really use the mandir icon for my mod. I even have a civilopedia entry for the mandir (from the CivIII version - courtesy of Blue Monkey), which reads:

Mandir is derived from a Sanskrit word, mandira, for the house (of a deity(ies) by implication). During the Vedic era in India (500+ BC) it was felt important to blend the temple with its natural surroundings. Many key temples were either expansions of natural caves, newly carved “caves”, or cut from monolithic rocks. By the Classical period (AD) most temples were being built in the shape of a stylized mountain. This is the mandir. While even small villages may have a simple mandir, whole cities have sprung up around sites considered especially sacred where a complex of multiple mandirs has been constructed.

Hinduism is henotheistic (many deities may be worshiped, who are aspects of one ultimate Deity). Most mandirs are dedicated to one primary deity, with altars or subtemples for related deities. Forms of worship may vary greatly, but all mandirs require proper dress, including bare feet, and behaving with decorum. Most mandirs contain a “murti” - an image of the deity into which the divine spirit has entered via a special ceremony. As a consequence the inner sanctum is reserved for priests and devoted initiates; a murti requires daily worship because of the living presence of the deity.

Mandir icon

Mysticism icons

Both are implemented in my latest little mod on the Steam Workshop:

New Mandir Building and Mysticism Technology

I went with the first image (with the zodiac symbols) for the tech within the mod, though I'm still a little undecided. Out of those three, did I make the right choice? Or does anybody have any other ideas on how I can represent the tech? :)

Awesome icons! Out of those three, I think indeed that the first best represents mysticism.

As for other ways to represent mysticism, in Age of Evolution I used this icon made by Kwadjh:

Out of those 3, the last one looks most "mysterious" to me.
First looks perfect for an Astrology tech. Second for a sort of modern astronomy tech.

Do you have plans to update the mod for BNW, or should it work already?

Yeah, there's a good chance I may revisit this mod and either update it or at least integrate it (either wholly or partially) into a new modpack. I have another planned, after I finish some bigger projects, and I've been just jotting down ideas in OneNote when they pop up. It'll go through and tweak the rest of the religious beliefs after the pantheons. I may want to utilize the monastery in some of those, so some form of this mod would definitely be useful.

I may update the icons too, especially the Mysticism one.

I created a standalone Mandir building mod from the mod you made which I've tested and confirmed that it works. May I post it? I will list you as the author.

Top Bottom