Manhattan Project question

TheLopez

Deity
Is anyone interested in an SDK version of a mod comp that will enable nukes on a local player level instead of a game level? This solution wouldn't be TMP centric like a couple of the past solutions I have seen. Instead it would be based on the <bAllowsNukes> tag in the <ProjectInfo> structure found in the Civ4ProjectInfo.xml file. This way any project could enable nukes for the particular player that completed the project instead of enabling it for the entire world.

Don't get me wrong but there are already two solutions out there. MHP as national wonder (Dale) and MHP as team project (me). Or I didn't get the point of your post. And both solutions are SDK based. And there are also two (bad) Python solutions.

Don't get me wrong but there are already two solutions out there. MHP as national wonder (Dale) and MHP as team project (me). Or I didn't get the point of your post.

I don't think you got the post... there are more solutions than just yours and dale's:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14780
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12172

Anyways, all of the solutions that I have seen are targeted towards a specific project (The Manhattan Project). What I am asking is if people would like to see the nature of the <bAllowsNukes> tag in the Civ4ProjectInfo.xml file changed so when it is set it only enables nukes for the player that completed that project... in fact we could just leave the <bAllowsNukes> tag alone and add two new tags: <bAllowsPlayerNukes> and <bAllowsTeamNukes> thus you could control at a finer grain which project would allow nukes to be given. So doing this in a project definition would then enable nukes for everyone in the game:
Code:
<bAllowsNukes>1</bAllowsNukes> 
<bAllowsTeamNukes>0</bAllowsTeamNukes> 
<bAllowsPlayerNukes>0</bAllowsPlayerNukes>
doing this in a project would then enable nukes for the team that built the project:
Code:
<bAllowsNukes>0</bAllowsNukes> 
<bAllowsTeamNukes>1</bAllowsTeamNukes> 
<bAllowsPlayerNukes>0</bAllowsPlayerNukes>
doing this in a project would then enable nukes for the player that built the project:
Code:
<bAllowsNukes>0</bAllowsNukes> 
<bAllowsTeamNukes>0</bAllowsTeamNukes> 
<bAllowsPlayerNukes>1</bAllowsPlayerNukes>

Does it make sense now? Basically I am trying to fix the root of the problem instead of the surface of the problem.

Sorry. I fear I still don't get it. Because that's what Dale's and my solutions are doing.

What I am asking is if people would like to see the nature of the <bAllowsNukes> tag in the Civ4ProjectInfo.xml file changed so when it is set it only enables nukes for the player that completed that project...

Or in my case for all players of the team.

Sorry. I fear I still don't get it. Because that's what Dale's and my solutions are doing.

Or in my case for all players of the team.
You guys are making the Manhattan Project as a team project. I am suggesting either changing the nature of the <bAllowsNukes> tag itself or adding the two new tags I proposed. This way you could create an entire new project that would allow nukes.

Okay, more tags will make it easier for others to choose the behaviour. No question. But if somebody could merge Dale's or my solution I think he won't need it. Just my opinion.

But I still got the impression that you don't know about all changes we have done. Because our MHPs will now work only for the creating player/team. All others won't become able to train nukes. They just become able to build defensive buildings/projects (like SDI). But for nukes they will have to finish their own MHP. And I think that's also your intention.

Okay, more tags will make it easier for others to choose the behaviour. No question. But if somebody could merge Dale's or my solution I think he won't need it. Just my opinion.

But I still got the impression that you don't know about all changes we have done. Because our MHPs will now work only for the creating player/team. All others won't become able to train nukes. They just become able to build defensive buildings/projects (like SDI). But for nukes they will have to finish their own MHP. And I think that's also your intention.

You are missing the point... Forget about MHP. Think of the problem a little bit more generally. In your mod did you change the behavior of the tag or the definition of the project? If you changed the definition of the tag in the SDK then my project would be redundant if I didn't add the new tags...

I will download your mod and see if you just changed the project definition or changed the SDK...

I see what you guys did (or at least in Dale's Combat Mod) ... you created a building definition to allow nukes... Doesn't that limit building of nukes in the particular city where you built the nukes?

Is anyone interested in an SDK version of a mod comp that will enable nukes on a local player level instead of a game level? This solution wouldn't be TMP centric like a couple of the past solutions I have seen. Instead it would be based on the <bAllowsNukes> tag in the <ProjectInfo> structure found in the Civ4ProjectInfo.xml file. This way any project could enable nukes for the particular player that completed the project instead of enabling it for the entire world.
I definitely think this is a good idea, although the other solutions have proved very useful to me in developing my ideas on nukes, these additional tags would allow greater flexibility in utilising the Civ4ProjectInfo.xml file.

I see what you guys did (or at least in Dale's Combat Mod) ... you created a building definition to allow nukes... Doesn't that limit building of nukes in the particular city where you built the nukes?

Nope.

I personally prefer my way of doing it- using the secret technology modcomp to grant you a tech once you build the appropriate national wonder. This way, nuclear secrets can be traded and sold, as well as stolen.

Top Bottom