Man's Work: mod release

gwendoline

Prince
MOD FOR CIV3:CONQUESTS 1.22

Mod version 1.0, Januar 2018

It's all about the most essential and swiftest time of human civilization raise - last 3 centuries. Powerful nations with greatest and odious rulers of that time - time of eternal wars and confrontation. You will be able to repeat or change the near history.

1000 turns, from 1800 till 2100 year.
31 civilizations.
160 tech advances.
160 buildings and wonders.
2500 unique units.
30 natural resources.
7 government types.
New space victory: Mars Base Project.
Map is already revealed.
Mod is in standard civ3 style.

DOWNLOAD (Google Drive):
Common mod resources
HASH MD5: 787AD3F025BC996B61DFB98C5B5CA98B
and
English mod version
HASH MD5: 2DD6FBA8DB42A673B799E9AD6709B5E2
or
Russian mod version
HASH MD5: BEC63C685147715BCF57E0C7616639F5

Extract archives to folder ..Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\
For Steam Civilization 3 Complete Edition you may need replaceable labels.txt file - it also is in archive

CREDITS:
Mod design: me - Vlad
Civ community artists:
Spoiler :

Wyrmshadow
jorde
NeOmega
Delta_strife
NavyDawg
Gary Childress
ShiroKobbure
vingrjoe
Sandris
aaglo
LMR
Ares de Borg
Steph
Kinboat
Plotinus
Rob (R8XFT)
AnthonyBoscia
CivArmy
utahjazz7
Balou
Bjornlo
Ogedei_the_Mad
La_Dav
MoscaTnT
Bebro
Sword of Geddon
Smoking Mirror
georgestow
Yoda Power
Dom Pedro II
Orthanc
ripptide
imperator1961
Kindred72
GoodWin
ShadowOfDeath
and others

Screenshots:

Attachments

• screenshot01.jpg
    screenshot01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,882
  • screenshot02.jpg
    screenshot02.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 3,269
  • screenshot03.jpg
    screenshot03.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,104
  • screenshot04.jpg
    screenshot04.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,047
  • screenshot05.jpg
    screenshot05.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,034
  • screenshot06.jpg
    screenshot06.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 2,940
  • screenshot07.jpg
    screenshot07.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 2,782
  • screenshot09.jpg
    screenshot09.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,986
  • screenshot10.jpg
    screenshot10.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 2,890
  • screenshot11.jpg
    screenshot11.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 3,085
At last I released my mod. Too many years past since first ideas in 2010 and a lot of artwork produced. I'm sure current civ3 content is the best choice to show variety of human progress in history. It's good to make this content work and live in mods. Great thanks to all artists from community.

Now I'm free to turn on something else.

gwendoline, congratulations on the release of your mod Man's Work! :clap:

It´s nice to see some civs represented here, that are not frequently part in other mods and the start in 1800 also is an unusual and refreshing one. When looking at the techtree of era 1 of your mod, it´s a pitty, that some of the first techboxes of era 1 at present seem to be completely empty. May be you find some stuff to fill these boxes (or use different techs for filling these boxes). This shouldn´t be too difficult, as this was the age of Napoleon. It´s more motivating, if the player gains something for the research after starting a mod or scenario and not doing up to 100 turns of research without gaining anything.

I have downloaded your mod and I will try it as soon as possible. :)

Great mod! I've been playing a bit and it looks like really perfected game. I played as Poland, only until second era but am amazed how accurately you designed polish unit line, especially tanks and air planes. Level of difficulty seems to be quite high but maybe that's me don't know. On chieftain level AI build cites pretty fast, how is it set? I was trying to do something like that in my mod cause civs growing up very slowly on easier levels, sometimes even stays with one city whole game. The soundtrack makes really good atmosphere and is well suited. What I don't know is how to use zeppelins, these units seems to be immobile. Also, for tanks , marsh and forest terrain are impassable, that's quite unusual. The mod is working very smooth and definitely I will keep it in my collection :). Thank you for such a big effort.

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying this mod out. Thanks for all the great units you've made.

register, main difficulty parameter for AI - a cost factor - is 13 on Chieftain. In classic Civ3 game it is 20. So yes, global difficulty is higher. Zeppelins has no big role, they're mobile air units you can move for reconnaissance. Mechanized units are powerful so the terrain might become a natural shield against them.

One note: the terrain files are standard, not very attractive. In my game I've changed the "Terrain" catalog with the "Terrain" catalog from some other mod that has great terrain graphics - and it's really good.
(I do not give the name of this other mod - it's irrelevant).
(This is not a negative comment, only an observation).

Top Bottom