Mansa Mussa and his cow

soundjata

reluctant warrior
While we wait for SG16 to start, welcome to Mansa Mussa and his cow!

[ immortal pangaea ]

A cottage capitol? Maybe another time. Still too much :hammers: and :commerce: for a reload.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• mussa more gold BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    61.3 KB · Views: 56
May be more enjoyable with a starting save?

A bit poor on food though.

Not terrible if you make the obvious move. You are never going to whip this place much, but it has serious production potential with a Mint.

Spoiler :
I went Oracle>MC here while stealing quite a few workers from Pacal and Izzy. Continued harassing Pacal and now he is dead. Joao is next or Iz.

Immediate surrounding land is not the greatest except for one decent spot just NW that you will fight Joao for, but worth it. So early war here is a good idea. Pacal is super ripe here as are most of your neighbors.

Urgh... great production city once you hit Bio and windmills are viable, but until then... :/

Not terrible if you make the obvious move. You are never going to whip this place much, but it has serious production potential with a Mint.

Spoiler :
I went Oracle>MC here while stealing quite a few workers from Pacal and Izzy. Continued harassing Pacal and now he is dead. Joao is next or Iz.

Immediate surrounding land is not the greatest except for one decent spot just NW that you will fight Joao for, but worth it. So early war here is a good idea. Pacal is super ripe here as are most of your neighbors.

Spoiler :
I take you mean settling on the marble, right? Warrior wasn't exactly in a great position to reveal much, other than that second silver (!!) but once I moved the settler, I decided to move 1W onto the desert tile to also grab the corn next turn. Oracle MC seems very reasonable and powerful here. This map screams early war once you let Jao build some wonders.

To 175 BC...

Spoiler :
I am pretty terrible at early war so I decided to give it a try here. Settled on the Plains Hill for Floodplains + Gold + Silver + Cow. Took three cities off Joao with just Axes while going for Construction, now just took Pacals capital with Axes and Cats. Planning to trade for Metal Casting, tech Machinery and bulb Engineering for prolonged warfare on my neighbours hopefully without going broke in the process.

Hmm there doesn't seem to be much interest in this game...

Anyway, I played it to a 1460 Conquest win.

Spoiler :
Rushed Joao with Axes, then Pacal with Axes and Catapults. Was in war almost constantly after that as I got attacked by Isabel, took her Iron, bulbed Engineering and attacked with Trebs + Axes + Xbows. Took her as a Vassal and went after Hannibal with Macemen + Pikes added to the mix. Then added Knights and vassaled Hatshepsut, and finally Justinian. The final stack had 75 units...

Built no unit stronger than Knights in this game, tech was very slow as I was doing nothing but spamming units. Apparanently Immortal allows to win using only Medieval units...

Thanks for putting up the map! I really learned something about warmongering here...

Attachments

• mussa more gold victory.CivBeyondSwordSave
    277 KB · Views: 60
I started this one, but somehow overwrote the save file. I'll give it another shot today.
Spoiler :

I went after Joao pretty early with axes. Definitely not something i normally like to do, but it seemed warranted here. It was a bit of a meat grinder with me losing quite a few axes. I pillaged his horses as early as i could, and also built a couple of spears to protect my axe stack from the handful of chariots he had built. I thought this would reduce him to building archers once again, but he somehow got metal. I know he was trading for it, but the deal wasn't showing up anywhere. Anyway, i had him down to one junky hill city south of his capitol, but he had quite a few units in it, and it just wasn't worth going after immediately.

I had also switched into Izzy's religion to boost relations with the aim of going after Pacal next. And that's where i lost my save file :(

Top Bottom