1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Manscaping: Acceptable or Disgrace?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by downtown, Sep 14, 2010.

?

Trimming/Shaving of the following areas is okay

1. Nose

75 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. Eyebrows

51 vote(s)
    50.5%
  3. Armpits

33 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. Chest

36 vote(s)
    35.6%
  5. Back

42 vote(s)
    41.6%
  6. Legs

15 vote(s)
    14.9%
  7. Pubic Region

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  8. Arms

18 vote(s)
    17.8%
  9. Other

20 vote(s)
    19.8%
  10. None. Only shaving of the face is okay

12 vote(s)
    11.9%
  11. None None: If God wanted us to not have hair somewhere he wouldn't have put hair there

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  12. I shave whatever hurts Obama politically the most.

22 vote(s)
    21.8%
  13. Whatever downtown does

26 vote(s)
    25.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Immortal Ace

Immortal Ace Prince

Genitals and Eyebrows.

I have had some women approach me and say that my eyebrows are better done than theirs.

2. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

That's because lots of women shave their eyebrows off and draw them on in pencil.

3. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I used to do this, but if you get a good barber, I much prefer getting the back of my neck tapered nicely.

4. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Whatever you want. All I do is trim my beard to stop it getting too unruly, but that's just me, with my relatively sparse body hair and my somewhat slobbish attitude towards it. You want to wax every square inch of yourself, go nuts, it's your body.

Well, I can't imagine that many straight men want to be waxers. :mischief:

5. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

It's not that mine are really hairy, it's just they grow together into one massive uni-brow. I shave it so they can't grow together.

6. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Shaving armpits is allowed if your armpit hair is visible when your arms are at your side.

Thus is the rule for shaving armpit hair for men.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I never heard of that rule. I shaved pubes a couple times. it's a lot of work. But I think I may do it semi-regularly as I don't like it when they get long. But I definitely don't like bare- too itchy and the skin is too sensitive.

8. NovaKart

NovaKart شێری گەورە

I trim pubes but I think shaving them would be way too itchy. I always thought shaving pits would be too itchy also but if it feels amazing then I'll give it a try. It's a Muslim custom to shave pubes and armpits so my old Turkish b-f would always bother me about it but I never paid attention. I do appreciate that about Turkey though, it's nice going to the bathroom and not seeing stray pubes on the toilet seats. That's maybe the nastiest thing about public restrooms.

9. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

So everyone that shaves is homosexual?

Ah well.

Anyway, ears were left off the poll. The older I get, the more wild things I find growing out of my eyebrows and also off my ears. Drives my wife crazy.

10. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

I only shave facial hair. I only trim everything else. Don't really have much chest or back hair. Arms and legs I leave well alone.

11. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Question number 1 (is it acceptable?)
    Obviously there can't be a universal answer to this question. Everyone decides what is acceptable to themselves autonomally, or at least they should. In my case I rely on my brain, my male behavior and why not my genitals to feel like a man and consequently make others feel me like a man. I do NOT rely on my hair for this task, no. And to be completely honest, I think certain hair make us more of a monkey than more of a man.

Question number 2 (shave if your gf asked?)
    I would and I did (not shave but trim). Of course at the same time I also thought it would have been an interesting experience to try. I enjoyed trimming my pubes until I had less and less time for myself and I lost the habit. But I still think of it regularly... I just barely have time to shave my face and trimming other hair became such a low priority with the years... although I do trim my nose hair since when my little daughter had been pointing at it in a mocking way... (the sincerity of kids is a precious gift)

12. fishmonger

fishmonger Chieftain

I shave my face as often as it needs to be done (when it gets kinda itchy), and occasionally trim my pubes.

If the hypothetical girlfriend asked, I'd give shaving most places a shot, but I'm not very hairy in the first place so I don't envision that being much of an issue.

13. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Are you asking about pubes ? If there's no undergrowth the tree looks larger.

I only shave my beard (face/neck) regularly but during semester break or when I'm stresed out I often just don't bother.
    I trim my pubes for the reason mentioned above and because it just feels better,n summer, but I'd never take a razor to my crown jewels. From time to time I use tweezers to remove hair growing out of nostrils and keep my eyebrows from becoming one.
    That's about it. I don't care about armpits, I disapprove of men shaving their arms, legs or chest but I'd do it if a girlfriend really insisted on it and I'd demand something in return.

14. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Retired Moderator

I shave my face, pits and pubic area...it just feels better that way

I'd probably shave my chest too, if I had that 'problem' there. See no point in shaving arms/legs other than a lot of effort...

15. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Shave pits & pubes as in, completely bald?

16. amadeus

amadeus The Choice of a New Generation

In the case of hair in the nether regions, it needs to be frequently removed just for the sake of comfort.

17. NovaKart

NovaKart شێری گەورە

It's fun to set it on fire, tell me I'm not the only one on these forums that has done this.

18. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I was wondering why that was left off the poll, so that is what other is for me. I only occasionally trim a long hair that gets annoying in my sight on my eyebrow and the occasional nose hair that get too long, otherwise I normally don't shave. No razor is going to touch anything below my neck.

Also there is no option for bum fluff?

19. Mango Elephant

Mango Elephant Deity

You burn your pubes? Can't say I've ever done that, no.

20. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

It smells like death.