Many Leaders Game 9 - Civilization 5

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
When Beyond the Sword came out, we ran this game so everyone could get a look at the new features, leaders etc. It was very informative and fun to boot. With Civilization V coming out any day now, what better time to revive the concept! Its not a strict SG as such but close enough :p

The premise is simple. Eveyone plays from the same starting save but as different leaders. We then compare how everyone goes every 50 or so turns. At the end of each round I'll produce some sort of dodgy data analysis to try and compare the games. If the pace gets too much, we can drop the turnsets to 40 turns (or even lower) at some stage.

It appears there are 16 leaders, so if we can get 16 volunteers, we'll run with that.

Reporting:

Try and treat it like a normal SG game. Give as much info as posible about your tactics, plans etc. Screenshots are good as well. In the first round try and give some insight as to why you chose your leader and your strategy for winning the game.

Don't publish half or incomplete reports and then edit later. Wait until you're finished and publish it all, even if you're late.

All reports to be enclosed in spoiler tags.

Use your checking in post to create a series of links to your game as it progresses. I will then create a link to all these posts. It makes it easy for everyone to follow a single game, rather than the round by round games.

The timeframe for each round is decided once 75% of people (12/16) have published their reports. At this stage I'll produce whatever analysis grabs my fancy. Don't worry about being late, I'll go back and update the graph as the remaining games come in. There is no set deadline, if you end up a week behind, just keep going and you'll still be included.

If time permits, try and load the saves of others to try and get a feel for what they are doing. Feel free to comment and give advise on other people's games or even ask advise on what you should be doing.

Game:

Map: Continents (we'll have to figure this out)
Level: Prince (to make sure everyone can win and report on all the new stuff)
Size: Standard
Speed: Normal
Leader: ? up to you.

Starting Position:

Starting Saves are spread over the first two posts.

Timeframe:

Civ V doesn't come out until 24th here is Aus, so I will use the weekend to figure out the save editing features so that I can get starting saves out next Monday and then the fun can begin.

Attachments

• mlg9-Persia.Civ5Save
    327.3 KB · Views: 119
  • mlg9-Japan.Civ5Save
    479.8 KB · Views: 204
  • mlg9-Iroquis.Civ5Save
    410.6 KB · Views: 252
  • mlg9-Songhai.Civ5Save
    325.6 KB · Views: 148
  • mlg9-Siam.Civ5Save
    325.6 KB · Views: 119
  • mlg9-Russia.Civ5Save
    389 KB · Views: 213
Roster:

Ozbenno - Ramkhamhaeng
negyvenketto - Napoleon
pholtz - Arabia
pawelo - Catherine
Grunthex - Washington
Gerurun - Nebuchadnezzar II
Arathorn - Hiawatha
Methos - Bismark
Mango Elephant - Wu Zetian
TeddyBearsDoLie - Askia
r_rolo1 - Gandhi
remconius - Ramsses II
Krystalshield - Elizabeth
TheFragLeader - Oda Nobunaga
lvassilr - Montezuma
Corbeau - Darius
Mahatmajon - Alexander

Attachments

• mlg9-Aztec.Civ5Save
    511.4 KB · Views: 243
  • mlg9-America.Civ5Save
    442.5 KB · Views: 131
  • mlg9-Arabia.Civ5Save
    465.4 KB · Views: 181
  • mlg9-England.Civ5Save
    421 KB · Views: 152
  • mlg9-Egypt.Civ5Save
    381.6 KB · Views: 141
  • mlg9-China.Civ5Save
    483.1 KB · Views: 113
  • mlg9-Greece.Civ5Save
    434.4 KB · Views: 122
  • mlg9-Germany.Civ5Save
    520.9 KB · Views: 191
  • mlg9-France.Civ5Save
    329.3 KB · Views: 114
  • mlg9-India.Civ5Save
    546 KB · Views: 128
Haven't played Civ for at least a year, but V has me returning to the game. I'll volunteer to play any civ. Random or the one no one else wants.

I think you'll need 17 spots, don't forget poor Babylon!

I wouldn't mind trying this as maybe Washington. I don't expect to play him on my own for a while, so why not!

Request for anyone who already has the game, is there a world builder option like Civ IV?

Haven't seen it yet, although I heard the tool will become available within weeks on Steam.

Patience, the game is coming to your side of the world too :)

Slot me one , pls ;) No care for the leader ...

I'll give a look to the issue of WB's as soon as my copy is active ( in a hour or so + time to download the special edition stuff + time for the first game + time to sleep :D ). Maybe we can do something about that via the Earth map without the actual worldbuilder.

I'll give a look to the issue of WB's as soon as my copy is active ( in a hour or so + time to download the special edition stuff + time for the first game + time to sleep :D ). Maybe we can do something about that via the Earth map without the actual worldbuilder.

Yep, if there is no World Builder or starting save editor, will play around with a created map to recreate the same start position.

Maybe we could run a trial SG while they are addressing the WB issue. And get back to the MLG 9 afterwords.

After you got some sleep, someone fancy to start a trial Prince/King game ?

Top Bottom