Many Leaders Game 9 - Civilization 5

I'd like to join this one as Egyptian...

Will interesting and good to learn.

Report links:
First 50 turns here

Has anybody tried the "save map" option? I'm not quite sure what that does, but playing with that might suffice for our needs. I've not had time/energy to do anything with the game besides play (finally finished my first game -- I'm horribly slow -- domination in 1560 AD or so). But I've noticed that option and it seems like it might well help with what we're trying to do here.

It's a theory, anyway. (now there's a reference no one will catch)

Arathorn

I looked at the save map option as well and it will serve the purpose BUT the editor hasn't been released yet. Will play around with it more in the next couple days but this may have to be put on hold for the moment or the games are just run as same map conditions. Not sure...

Spent some time playing on the weekend, it is a very different game in many aspects.

Yeah, I tried to mess with things via Save Map and such, too. I couldn't find any way to make this work with identical starts. Similar starts are still going to be so different, however, because of resources and such around. I don't think it's nearly as viable until at least the world map editor is released. :( Very disappointing. It would be great to compare different openings and builds.

Arathorn

Hello, if there are spots still open I would like to play, any leader left will be ok.

Laurentiu

Looking forward to your conclusions Ozbenno...

As for me, after a quick look this morning on the new WB it looks promising.

Can't wait for the save file...

I saw this thread but didn't think it would be possible so I didn't post. I didn't notice that the Worldbuilder was pushed out. Good news :goodjob:

Please count me in if you still have a slot(s) available.

My plan is to get the starting saves out for Monday (Aus time) to start this off. Can those who haven't picked a leader do so, by my reckoning we have Gandhi, Alexander, Bismark, Elizabeth, Montezuma, Harun Al Rashid, Hiawatha, Suleiman abnd Augustus still available.

Also think that we have 2 spots left, 24 hours to claim them.

We are running our first Civ V Hall of Fame Gauntlet as well if anyone is interested...

Ben,

Have you tried to work with Worldbuilder ?
I was trying to set up the Potluck-type game with fixed starting locations, and I can't work out the whole thing.
Maybe I missed something...
Anyway, if you get the stuff on and working, share the way you made it :)

Not yet...

I was told that it can do what we want here but haven't tried yet, lets hope so!
Yup, it is perfectly possible to do what we want in WB ... heavens I would be choking Dale if we couldn't ;)

P.S Remind me to choke Dale for the lack of scroll bars in WB. Arrow moving is pretty slow with big maps :lol:

Yup, it is perfectly possible to do what we want in WB ... heavens I would be choking Dale if we couldn't ;)

P.S Remind me to choke Dale for the lack of scroll bars in WB. Arrow moving is pretty slow with big maps :lol:

Had a look last night.

Seems that if you save a map in WB it doesn't save the units, just the map. You have to enter the units by hand in WB. Will take longer than I was hoping (used to just generate one map and edit the WB save in notepad) but it is perfectly feasible.

Anyone knows of a different approach please share...

Had a look last night.

Seems that if you save a map in WB it doesn't save the units, just the map. You have to enter the units by hand in WB. Will take longer than I was hoping (used to just generate one map and edit the WB save in notepad) but it is perfectly feasible.

Anyone knows of a different approach please share...

I am experimenting the next potential step of frustration - if you place all units, you can load the game as a scenario but, surprise, the units aren't in the spot you placed them...

I reported the issue in the Bug thread... No news till now.
See if it happens with your map too - good luck!

Top Bottom