1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MAP] Africa 54x66

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by Jon Shafer, May 8, 2006.

1. Jon Shafer

Jon Shafer Civilization 5 Designer

Map of Africa with resources. 54x66 plots.

Minimap Image:

Attached Files:

2. Flash1

Flash1 Chieftain

Trip,
    I'm making a very large map. Your S. America map and Africa map should fit perfectly with my base map. Can I use your two pieces on my map?

3. Jon Shafer

Jon Shafer Civilization 5 Designer

Sure, feel free. One of the main reasons I made these was to allow others to adapt them for their own purposes, be it different maps or scenarios of various sorts.

How will you go about merging them together, by the way?

4. Flash1

Flash1 Chieftain

Trip,
    I did a hi-res scan of a two page atlas. I cropped both pieces in Paint Shop to the desired size and that two of the sides lined up.

Then I resized each half to 1250 x 1250 pixels. In Paint shop I used a grid overlay of 10 x 10 pixels. So after I hand copy each half, I end up with a 250 x 125 map. I copy to graph paper so I can make any adjustments.

So then all I need to do is add the two maps (S. America & Africa) to my map and it saves me a lot of time figuring out terrain.

I'm taking the copied map and assembling it in mapview. I want a bigger map but I've hit mapviews limit. In CTP2, the map size was limited to 32,768 x 32,768 diamonds. I'm not that grandious.

The reason for the very huge map, is I love space to manuever around. I even want to design a senario around the map.

I just bought a new gateway with dual core AMD Athlon X2 3800's. Right now it only has 1 GB RAM, but in a few weeks I will increase that by 2 to 3 GB RAM for graduation. So I plan to be able to actually play this map.

5. Flash1

Flash1 Chieftain

Trip,
    Just to let you know, I have added the two maps to mine. I have not detailed it yet, but the map will look absolutely awesome. Thanks again.