MAP: Antarctica (132x104)

-sr

Chieftain

Download

DESCRIPTION:
What a pity that you can't really found a city on Antarctica, the world's coldest continent, I thought one day... While surfing around on Wikipedia, I found a map where Antarctica is shown as it would look if there was no ice (ignoring that 1. the melting ice would lead to a rising of the sea level and 2. the missing weight of the ice would lead to a raising of the continent that is swimming on magma). This map inspired me to create a map of Antarctica how it probably would look if (nearly) all ice and snow would melt away due to the global warming :). There are still some areas with snow (ice desert instead of sand desert) and tundra, so you feel like being on a continent that is warming up.

And this is the Wikipedia map:

The map is not as huge as it looks, because there's only 25% land.

DATA:
Map Size: 132x104
Worldsize: Huge
Nations: None preset
Resources: enough for 15 players
Version 1.01; Thu, Nov 27, 2008

SCREENSHOTS:
NORTH WEST
NORTH EAST
EAST
SOUTH WEST
SOUTH EAST

HOW TO INSTALL:

All my maps are for Vanilla, but you can easily play them with WL or BTS. Extract them and put them into the folder:

* for Vanilla: Civ4/PublicMaps
* for Warlords: Civ4/Warlords/PublicMaps
* for Beyond the Sword: Civ4/Beyond the Sword/PublicMaps.

Or, if you want a WL- oder BTS-map, you can change the file extension:

* for Vanilla: Civ4WorldBuilderSave
* for Warlords: CivWarlordsWBSave
* for Beyond the Sword: CivBeyondSwordWBSave

going to try this map. Hope it will work on Mac version of BTS ... Thank You Sr :)

That is a sweet looking map. Thanks -sr.

It could be fun and interesting to have an entire world map with polar wrapping in this fashion (post global-warming mode).

Come back to say : I love this map. I had much fun to play with. Thanks again Sr ! ;)

I'm writing a novel set far in the future where the world is much warmer (not just through regular global warming, but because the Moon was covered in mirrors during an ice age thousands of years before the story is set), and civilization has arisen again at both poles - a monolithic ancient and stagnant civilization on Antarctica, and dozens of smaller seafaring nations that are on the lands and islands in the Arctic regions. The world is growing cooler because the mirrors on the Moon are gradually breaking down and being destroyed by meteor impacts and humans are just starting to venture into the non-polar regions. Anyway, I really just wanted to say I like your thawed Antarctica map and will probably be using it as a reference. :)

To Badtz Maru: I read your terrific but unfinished sci-fi tale posted on mrcranky years ago. Been reading this stuff since I was a kid, and you've really got something happening. It took me a bit of time to let you know, but here's some encouragement from a would-be reader.

-sr quit modding and took down all his files. See this thread, where "NOTE: Due to personal reasons, I've removed all my files from the system. Please don't ask me to put them back online. I also announce that if any of my files is put back in this forum, this happens against my will and without my consent." Personally, I don't know why he couldn't have just left them up there, but that's what happened.

He has no legal right, no, as maps and such are made using Firaxis assets and tools.

Top Bottom