1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MAP] Dieter's New World

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Dieter VonClam, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Dieter VonClam

Dieter VonClam Chieftain

I created this map as I wasn't overally impressed with the Western Hemisphere maps provided with the game... It's larger allowing for more colonies to be founded before encroaching on other european powers. It covers North America, the Caribbean and northern South America. Each leader starts with a colony, soldier and caravel. Colonies are in their oldest real location; Spain - Santo Domingo, France - Quebec, England - St. John's and Dutch - New Amsterdam. Natives are situated roughly in there original lands, as are the majority of resources.

Download:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11110

I have only played it once, so feel free to give me any ideas or suggestions for improvements. Also, one problem that I'm tryin to fix/understand... Ships purchased in Europe wont leave port there; help fixing this would be appreciated.

Note (NOV 3): I edited the file so that there is no access to "europe" from the pacific; I hope this is fine, I just kept getting annoyed when the REF sent 90% of the troops to the pacific side

Screen shots to come...

2. Dieter VonClam

Dieter VonClam Chieftain

Here are a few screenshots; enjoy

Attached Files:

3. Madeira

Madeira Chieftain

Looks cool! You should consider adding a larger portion of south america and make it compatible with Dale's AOD :)
    And why not Jamestown as the english starting colony?

4. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

I agree with Jamestown. I also ran into the can't leave Europe with ships bug along with some others when I pre-placed colonies.

5. Dieter VonClam

Dieter VonClam Chieftain

I chose St. John's as it's founding predates the founding of Jamestown by some 65 years... I've played as the English, it works well as a colony along with a second one on the island. If you choose move your next colonies down there; Halifax area is also a good progression south.

If I get a good response to change it I will, but for now it stays.

Dav, did you ever find a solution to the ship bug?

6. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Try pre-placing a ship, say just off one of their colonies, for each civ and see if that fixes it.

7. Ricardo440

Ricardo440 Chieftain

is there any way I can use this map with other mods? I really want to use the map with or without the start positions for colonies, but with the bandaid mod or something else.

I also had some additional bugs: -
    Promotions didn't seem to work at all.

I did manage to get ships to come from europe though. I deleted all the units, and saved it in world builder then I started as the dutch.
    It gave me a ship in the ocean west of mexico. Entered world builder and placed access to europe there. Then added enough gold to buy me a new ship.
    It would arrive.

The only problem is the other races start locations are inland. so their ships are rather stuck.

8. Felzor

Felzor Chieftain

This map is excellent. Finally a map that's not HUGE. Can we get somebody to fix the problems so that it's playable and functioning?