[MAP] Fantasymap of BAN TASI 93x56, 124x75 and 165x100

Osymandias

Grand King of Apes
Greetings!

Some time ago i thought of a new fantasy map, a whole fantasy planet with its continents and islands. Besides the name of this world i haven't thought of any other toponyms, because i can't think of satusfying ones. But that's not essentially for Civ :D
And here is it:

BAN TASI
Dimension: 93x56, 124x75 and 165x100
Size: Standard | Large | Huge
Players: 7 | 9 | 11
Startingpositions: 18 on 165x100, 17 on 93x56 and 124x75
Options: Standard
Victories: Standard

The topography: Ban Tasi consists of a bigger continent in the western hemisphere, a medium continent in the south-eastern and a small continent in the north-eastern hemisphere. Of course are smaller islands around, too. The climate is similar to earth's climate with great temperate zones, some tropical and tundra zones and a greater desert zone where a great stream flows through which has rich flood plains.

BtS-Version: The resources are randomized and are distributed randomly on every start.
Vanilla and Warlords-Version: The resources are hardcoded. (Because the tag which allows randmized resource distribution only works for BtS)

The zip contains the map in three sizes and each for Civilization Vanilla, Warlords and Beyond the Sword.

Have fun playing! :D

93x56:

124x75:

165x100:

Original:

Very nice. I love it. Got most, if not all, aspects of my ideal map (several continents, including 2 on one land mass; an ocean separating two major land masses; 2 archipelagos; a major, Mediterranean-type sea.) Absolutely a great job.

About the resources though, will they be concentrated around starting locations? Are starting locations preset?

Thank you, i appreciate that.

The resources are randomized and will be distributed new in every new game. The distribution is done by Civ itself. The tag for this is
Code:
BeginMap
	grid width=93
	grid height=56
	top latitude=80
	bottom latitude=-80
	wrap X=1
	wrap Y=0
	world size=WORLDSIZE_STANDARD
	climate=CLIMATE_TEMPERATE
	sealevel=SEALEVEL_MEDIUM
	num plots written=5208
	num signs written=0
	[COLOR="Red"][B]Randomize Resources=true[/B][/COLOR]
EndMap

And is i typed this i will say thank you that you've brought me to one thing i totally forgot: this tag is used in BtS only and Vanilla and i think Warlords don't understand this! As BtS-only player i totally overlooked this. :wallbash: So i have to rework the Vanilla and Warlords maps that Vanilla and Warlords players have at least any resources.

Yes, the starting locations are preset. Mainly to avoid weird starting locations. For example in nearly all playtests one civ started on the antartic continent directly south of the mediumsized south-eastern continent where the terrain is only tundra and ice.
If you want to see the starting locations, look into the spoiler.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• ban tasi_165x100_sp.bmp
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,084
  • ban tasi_124x75_sp.bmp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • ban tasi_93x56_sp.bmp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,075
Looks great. Think I'll add this to my game. And thanks for the hint with randomized resources. By the way, how do you take screenshoots of your maps? They look clean of everything, how do you do that?

I like how you fused plains into deserts and vice versa and how you put some land to the southern pole, though a bit to much water for my taste. I'm missing more islands.

Think I play the huge version...:goodjob:

New version updated with hardcoded resources for the Vanilla and Warlords maps.

Thank you Rifler :D
As for islands i thought quite the same, perhaps in a future map i will try on that.

And for the watercount: the maps have roughly 74% of water and is quite the same for earth, which has roundabout 71 percent. But it seems more like too much than on earth maps.

I use NeseryozniyVET's Dynamic Military Advisor for the military advisor to take the screenshots, because the minimap there is much bigger than in the original military advisor.
And to get the pics, i start up a new game, go into the worldbuilder and unveil the whole map, close the worldbuilder and start the military advisor. The rest is taking a screen of it and cut away the rest of the advisor in a picture editor.

This would be a great map for a RFC-type game. I haven't played it yet, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt (or w/e ppl say), but more civs should start in the Med-type sea. (I'm talking about large... 2 start already while it looks like 4 can fit).

If I get free time this weekend (work may be canceled tomorrow due to NE coast blzrd), I'll check it out (very gladly. I actually haven't played a game of civ in 2 months).

(Also, more islands would be a kicker (but not OD)).

I use NeseryozniyVET's Dynamic Military Advisor for the military advisor to take the screenshots, because the minimap there is much bigger than in the original military advisor.
And to get the pics, i start up a new game, go into the worldbuilder and unveil the whole map, close the worldbuilder and start the military advisor. The rest is taking a screen of it and cut away the rest of the advisor in a picture editor.

Hey, thanks for the hint, though it sounds pretty complicated. Think I'll try to find another way then. Please read Spoiler.

Spoiler :
Öhmm...sprichst du deutsch, oder hast du nur gern deutsche Zitate in deiner Signatur. Wenn ja, dann hallo an einen spitzen Maperzeuger...:goodjob:

This would be a great map for a RFC-type game. I haven't played it yet, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt (or w/e ppl say), but more civs should start in the Med-type sea. (I'm talking about large... 2 start already while it looks like 4 can fit).

If I get free time this weekend (work may be canceled tomorrow due to NE coast blzrd), I'll check it out (very gladly. I actually haven't played a game of civ in 2 months).

(Also, more islands would be a kicker (but not OD)).

I will think over the starting locations, those are quickly added if needed.
I wish you much fun on my map and give me some critique when you've finished this game. :)

Hey, thanks for the hint, though it sounds pretty complicated. Think I'll try to find another way then. Please read Spoiler.

Spoiler :
Öhmm...sprichst du deutsch, oder hast du nur gern deutsche Zitate in deiner Signatur. Wenn ja, dann hallo an einen spitzen Maperzeuger...:goodjob:

Erstmal herzlichen Dank für das Lob :)
Das mit den Screens ist wirklich nicht kompliziert. Vielleicht hört es sich nur wegen der Sprachbarriere kompliziert an, drum hier nochmal auf deutsch:
Ich benutze wie gesagt die Dynamic Military Advisor Mod, bei welcher die Minimap im Militärberater schön groß dargestellt wird. Was ich nun mache ist folgendes:
Ich starte ein neues Spiel auf der gewünschten Karte, starte sofort nach dem Laden den Weltenbauer und klicke auf "Sichtbarkeit" (oder so ähnlich, den genauen Namen des Buttons weiß ich jetzt nicht auswändig, aber er ist in der Optionsleiste rechts oben in der unteren Reihe entweder der ganz rechte oder der zweite von rechts). Damit kann ich die komplette Welt für meine Civ sichtbar machen. Nachdem ich das gemacht habe, schließe ich den Weltenbauer und gehe in den Militärberater. Da müsste man jetzt die gesamte Karte auf der Minimap sehen. Jetzt mach ich nur noch einen Scrennshot mit der Druck-Taste, beende das Spiel und lade den gemachten Screenshot in ein Bildbearbeitungsprogramm und entferne alles vom Bild bis auf die Minimap. Genau so habe ich alle Vorschaubilder aller meiner Karten gemacht.

Top Bottom