Map/Game setup advice

epicpalemaster

Chieftain
Hi everyone.

I have a long time friend coming in from out of town and apart from the partying and laying sod (he does not know that yet), we are planning on playing an epic game of Civ IV.

We have been talking about map and game configuration but we want something as even as possible but not symmetric. I am a little bit better than he is, but not by much. The fact is, the opportunity does not come around much for where we can pull down the blinds and play 10 hours of straight Civ. We all know that setup is important ... so .. does anyone have any input on a great setup for this situation?

I can beat monarch about 75% of time, he about 25%.

This is what I am gearing toward:
small map
no barbs
no tech trading
6 continents
2 ai
marathon speed
prince

i'm guessing that you're like most people and want to play competitively against your friend. i'm not like that, when i can convince hubby to play civ4 we play as a team since i'm a sissy. so i can't help by experience, just by what i know from reading. but anyway...

this might or might not help: reference to the map scripts, including information about which ones are designed with multiplayer in mind. it was written back in 2005, by the person who did the work on the map scripts, and i think the information is still true.

you can set it up so that he's at a lower difficulty than you. he can get play at prince and you can play at monarch if you want to do it that way, or somesuch, since there's that 75/25% difference. or you can split the difference and both go prince, that's your call obviously.

have fun!

Top Bottom