[GS] Map Gen, is there a pattern to the clumping?

Wizard-Bob

Always remember to Find Your FUN!
I am really loving GS so far, including the map. I notice a trend / theme from other posts regarding the map gen. We've seen reports of:
  1. Barbs running rampant, or not seen at all
  2. Resources clumping in bunches, or seen to rarely
  3. City States clumping in bunches, or strewn to the far corners of the world
Makes me wonder if these are all related to the same issue. Seems these things are consistently inconsistent. Maybe it's the map gen itself, maybe the map seed or game seed (I am unsure what each does), or maybe a consequence of the new map gen.

I also suspect these two things are tied to the new map generation.

They did say in the patch notes that the civ and city-states starting locations are distributed more. Not that we are seeing evidence of even distribution.

on one game nearly all the city states were put on the same island and it was just them kinda funny

I think there is something seriously wrong with the generation.

I have spawned within two tiles of another civ's starting settler as well.

Since the AI pressed "settle" before I did, I had to go on a multi-turn journey to find some space.

Past few games I've had barb spawns like mad...they would just keep coming, camps popping up all the time. My current game, one barb camp that I cleared, never saw a single one the rest of the game so far. I have seen the city state clumping. Previous game was the worst example with all but a handful on one large island. I've not noticed resources clumping though. But the game is now spawning some really impressive mountain ranges though. They look better than they used to.

Top Bottom