[Map] Giant Earth Map

South China needs some love. :lol: The province ist to big and I miss the
Pearl River Delta

Why is Hong Kong area so small and separate :shifty:

Attachments

• China.jpg
    China.jpg
    882 KB · Views: 65
that territory is already split in 2 in the last version. could you draw the river on the screen please ?

beta in progress.

will release soon anyway, as balance will require a lot of play-hours.

I don´t like Italy on your map...:cry: to small, to ugly. Need some great place for Roma :D

You know the drill, I'm open to changes but welcome suggestions :D

What do you propose ? replacing one or both the mountains east with hills ?

Technically I could make it wider now that Corsica gone, but it's already upscaled, I'm afraid it will start to look very strange.

edit: also redraw the territories separation I suppose ?

I think it is better one province Italia and Gallia cisalpina in the north. (you can found Mediolanum there)

looks better, yes.

note that we can't have islands attached to continent territories (for the AI)

Spain need some love :D here some ideas:
- Gibraltar and Sierra Nevada mountains in the south
- Tajo and Douro
- plateau for Madrid
- provinces inspired by Tarraconensis, Beatica, Lusitania

I'll use that too, thanks.

I like the topography, but I'd like more feedback on the territory separation for Italy, the North one is very small here.

like this ?
Spoiler :
upload_2021-9-3_20-33-43.png

I like it :)
Only one thing I would change: the area of Parma/Modena should be flat and high food production:D

Proposal for new Spain+Italy, thoughts ? Did I miss something ?
Spoiler :
upload_2021-9-4_8-42-1.png

upload_2021-9-4_8-34-50.png

Last edited:
You should add a land tile in the weird bay east of mount Vesuvius, also I think france and italy should get one more territory each to balance the density around them (splitting northern france and southern italy, slightly adjusting the other territory for consistency).

EDIT: I would like a better represented tuscany, but I see there's not enough space...

On another note, would it be possible to create a bigger map? I read you can't have more than 199 hexes in longitude, but can such a map theoretically work?
Also, could you have a map with more hexes in latitude?

(Just to be clear, I'm not asking you to create such a map, I'm just asking if you have this info)

Last edited:
Spain looks fantastic!:love:
I think France have to be split in 3 provinces too. Narbonensis, Aquitania, Lugdunesis (I hope we can rename the provinces someday:crazyeye:)

You should add a land tile in the weird bay east of mount Vesuvius
like this
Spoiler :
upload_2021-9-4_10-24-36.png

or this
Spoiler :
upload_2021-9-4_10-24-59.png

On another note, would it be possible to create a bigger map? I read you can't have more than 199 hexes in longitude, but can such a map theoretically work?
Also, could you have a map with more hexes in latitude?

(Just to be clear, I'm not asking you to create such a map, I'm just asking if you have this info)
Yes, 203x106 while keeping this ratio is possible to load (no idea for late game performances)

I've a relative quick way to resize, which would require a lot of small modification after, but would keep the global topography.

But IMO it would be better to first try to perfect the current map before using it as a base for a larger scale map.
Spain looks fantastic!:love:
thanks to you !

I think France have to be split in 3 provinces too. Narbonensis, Aquitania, Lugdunesis (I hope we can rename the provinces someday:crazyeye:)
yes, but i'd like a bit of gameplay feedback with the current sizes in Europe, IE are the region in Italy and Spain too small when building cities there. But it would be consistent to have either France at 3 or keep it at 2, change Spain to 2 and maybe just one for Italy.

The coastal water one should be more realistic, also the tile should be elevated and forested (to somewhat represent mount gargano)

Top Bottom