[Map] modified Huge America Map

henryMCVII

Warlord
This is just the original Americas Map with some changings.

# existing rivers adjusted
# added some land masses to N-America (especially US east coast) to make it looking more natural
# Great Lakes are lakes now
# Caribian part of the map is completly overhauled
# Its no longer possible to build an Panama canal on nearly each spot on Central America
# some coast corrections made in S-America

Thats all so far. Anyway, some feedback would be nice for making this map better again.

Download

Attachments

• amer_modif.jpg
    amer_modif.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,065
can't tell from your thumbnail but is St. Laurance open all the way to lake Ontario?

Well, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie are seperated, the other ones are connected in this map version.

Started playing a game with your map and I must say that I really like the way you did the St. Laurance river and the Great Lakes. When I play as the French I like the fact that I can found cities in strategic locations so as the make the entire Great Lakes area open to sea going vessals. More island room in the Caribbean is a plus too. One thing I did change was to add two land squares in New England to reshape Mass. so as to allow room for New Amsterdam between Jamestown and Plymouth without having them overlap. I've been playing it with AOEII and I like to start each civ off with three intial settlements. I also replaced some of the tundra squares along the St. Laurance. The sea zones could be fixed as well.

I was wondering if anyone has made a version with proper civ placement?

I'm using AoDII v1.08, How do I keep the Civilizations from randomly changing starting positions?

Top Bottom