Map + MP Location Discussion + Registry

We should have a federal city that does not have any MPs as the capital IMO.

That's not fair. Most countries give their capitals representation in the House, and there's no reason for us not to, either.

Yes, we are to small to be Federal like USA, Canada and others, capital should be somewhere we agree on.

Pline or John

This is another mapmaking task within Google Earth, the 200 nautical miles Exclusive Economic Zone by international law. This is quite important.

ottawa has representation in the house! only washington DC doesnt. and thats only because they are not a part of any state.

Carleton-Mississippi Mills
Nepean-Carleton
Ottawa Centre
Ottawa-Orléans
Ottawa South
Ottawa-Vanier
Ottawa West-Nepean

are all districts in ottawa in the canadian federal elections. they have 7 mps.

Exclusive Economic Zone should be 230 miles from the shore and out, or 370 KM from the shore and out. This should be added in a specific economic zone map.

I'll deal with the EEZ of our country soon. However, I'm pretty sure it doesn't collide with anything, so we should be fine. With the possible exception of the Midway Islands, we're about 1000 miles from any major country.

Yes, I saw Wake was pretty close, but that is all. I also wrote some history in the Isthmus City and Discovery of Civilitas threads, I hope these are ok.

I should mention that the northern-most island will likely be named Cook Island, and will have one more town at the most. Of course, this isn't set in stone, but it is a thing that BananaLee and I have figured out. However, I'd like at least one more MP to join Portsborough.

The plan for Cook Island is to have the central metropolis at Portsborough, and then the rest would be mostly rural. Then, I'll get a Regional Discussion Thread going.

Splime, you saw I added some plausible Cook-history for discovering the island?

Maybe the bigger island could be named "Resolution" after the ship used by Cook?

Yep, though I think we had the name before the story came up.

Okay... I am going to put myself in a new city at the mouth of whatever river New Gorgie is on. It will serve as a port for trade with Japan, China, etc. and possibly have some manufacturing as well, depending on the specialties of the surrounding cities are. The main focus will be trading though. I'm thinking New Orleans-ish.

The name of the city will be Marijak. I have a vague storyline for an indigenous people who live along that river and hence have a strong influence on some of the names in that area.* They maintain a distinct culture, though as the city has grown, they are no longer the majority population.

* Depending on how detailed we get, we probably won't worry about it... there's really no reason to have another MP city nearby when there are other areas that need filling in. But, over the years of needing city/planet names for various games, I've made a system. ;)

I'll be an MP in Karmel

Our nation is an exporter of sugercane, fruits, nuts, and wine, but most other foods must be imported due to lack of arable land. We do export consumer and capital goods, though, with a thriving technology sector that is similar to Japan.

Definitely not sugarcane, considering our very untropical latitude.

I'm thinking of sheep grazing + fruit orchards + nut farms(?) on the western region (west of the mountain) of Cook Island and very little (tourism) in the lake regions and the east coast.
The cities are merely commercial centres. :D

I'd like to move to Astoria please.

Thanks

Ball Lightning
PLP Environment minister

Excellent move. There is now 1 Conservative, 1 CSP, 1 ION, and 1 Progressive in Asturia :D

OK, seeing that Ball Lightning just left Portsborough, we need two more MPs now, so we can get a metropolis and a city government going.

Map will be fixed up eventually.

Top Bottom