1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map of Erebus (Alpha)

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Maplehurst, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Maplehurst

Maplehurst Northern Hermit

I'm not sure how large the playerbase of Fall Further is, but this is the modmod I've been playing the most. I decided to make a proper map of Erebus, based on the information from the wiki and my own schema. I've tested it out with a few different civs, but thought it might be more useful to have a few other people try a few other civs and report back any problems or comments.

Screenshot
    Spoiler :

Google Drawing (Initial Planning)

Rationale for Placement:
    I've set the game up for advanced start, so you don't have to start on the exact tile I've selected.

I have three questions for people to consider as they play:

A. Is the starting location for your civ appropriate? Flavourful, but not overpowered nor underpowered?

B. In which direction did you (and other civs) expand? Why did you choose that direction?

C. What should I name the various locations (rivers, lakes, mountains) to give the map some lore-based flavour?

How to play:

1. Place the WBS attachment into your Beyond the Sword>Saves>WorldBuilder folder
    2. Open up Fall Further v 0.51
    3. Choose Single Player>Play a Scenario>Erebus 3

Attached Files:

2. Maplehurst

Reserved for Civ-specific info.

3. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Is that the starting position or several turns in? (In paticular, do the Hippus start with 3 settlers?)
    Khazad position looks horrible. Lanun area has way too much coast (as in, there is coast where ocean should be, which allows very early exploration). Some starting positions seem very disproportionately spread out or close together.
    But I don't really play Fall Further, so take this with a grain of salt.

4. Maplehurst

I think the screen shot is 3 turns in. I was testing the hippus, and opted for 3 undeveloped cities during the advanced start.

How does the khazad look horrible? Can you be more specific? They have done quite well in all tests.

Lanun have NOT expanded via water during playtesting. The entire area is intended to be navigable early on. There are only a few areas of deeper water.

During 3 play tests the struggling civs are the Illians, Lanun, calabim, and Pyre clan. The cualli and mazatl haven't done really well either. I think the Illians need some hills, while the Calabim need some of the jungle cleared. Not sure what is up with the Lanun. I need to make an entrance into the Jotnar start. They cannot be defeated otherwise. I'll probably make that entrance on the east side of the spine mountain. It is really to early to tell. It takes more than a couple tests to know if the ai can't work with a start.

I'll play the khazad next, but their location was actually the flavour behind the entire map. A secluded green valley filled with resources but separated from the rest of Erebus...

Which modmod is active? Rife is the best, but has too many flaws. Maybe I should be porting the map to a more popular modmod.

5. cooldude1128

cooldude1128 Prince

Well, I play RifE, but I have no idea what's the most popular. Also, yes, RifE is flawed, but mostly only in graphics and lore. Master of Mana has far too many poorly dressed women for me.