[MAP] Ozzy's America for The Authentic Colonization [TAC] mod

OzzyKP

Emperor
This is a map/scenario for those of you who want to play a more historical/realistic game. I've taken the great New World map by Modfather and added several terrain tweaks. Then I paired it with The Authentic Colonization mod.

All the natives have been placed in earth-accurate locations. I've also set the French, Dutch, Portuguese, English, and Spanish to start in more accurate locations so each are closer to more historical territory for them. The Spanish have been given a small head-start too.

I've also tweaked the high seas, so no player is burdened by being too far away from Europe.

So if you are tired of playing as the English and ending up in Argentina next to the Sioux, this is the map/scenario for you!

Download Here

To play you need The Authentic Colonization mod. Unzip this file into your PublicMaps folder and enjoy!

To change leaders:
Spoiler :

1. Open up the map in a text editor (like Notepad).
2. Do a "find" (ctrl + f) for "BeginPlayer"
3. You'll see a list of all the leaders in the game. Find the one you want to change.
4. Find the lines that say something like:
LeaderType=LEADER_ADAMS
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_ADAMS

5. Change that to any of the following leaders (note that LEADER_SAN_MARTIN will get you Cortes and LEADER_ADAMS will get you Penn):

LeaderType=LEADER_WASHINGTON
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_WASHINGTON

LeaderType=LEADER_ADAMS
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_ADAMS

LeaderType=LEADER_CHAMPLAIN
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_CHAMPLAIN

LeaderType=LEADER_FRONTENAC
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_FRONTENAC

LeaderType=LEADER_BOLIVAR
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_BOLIVAR

LeaderType=LEADER_SAN_MARTIN
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_SAN_MARTIN

LeaderType=LEADER_DONCK
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_DONCK

LeaderType=LEADER_STUYVESANT
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_STUYVESANT

LeaderType=LEADER_DE_SA
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_DE_SA

LeaderType=LEADER_SOUSA
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_SOUSA

6. Save the file, then play. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for that map, Ozzy! I have written about your project at our TAC development forum. Here is our thread for maps. Perhaps some German, Austrian and Swiss users, who aren't users of CivFanatics, will be glad to get your map. :king:

Can't play this map.

I didn't edit any of the leader names, am I supposed to before playing the game?

It just has an error and quits every time I try playing this map.

Did you follow these steps?

1. Unzip map here:
My Documents -> My Games -> Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization -> PublicMaps
2. Open game.
3. Go to Advanced -> Load a Mod -> TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell
4. Go to Single Player -> Play a Scenario -> [TAC] Ozzy's America

That works just fine for me. Do those steps not work for you? At which point does it crash?

Did you follow these steps?

1. Unzip map here:
My Documents -> My Games -> Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization -> PublicMaps
2. Open game.
3. Go to Advanced -> Load a Mod -> TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell
4. Go to Single Player -> Play a Scenario -> [TAC] Ozzy's America

That works just fine for me. Do those steps not work for you? At which point does it crash?

1. I put the map in Sid Meier's Civ IV Colonization -> Public Maps folder. Although it is not My Documents for me, it is the C drive.

2. I open the game fine.

3. I load the mod.

4. I go to the play a scenario screen and I select a leader and as the game initializes with a loading screen, just as it is about to start the game, it crashes on me.

Nolan08, try put in Colonization\Mods\TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell\PublicMaps

Ozzy, I had presented your map at the German TAC development forum. Unfortunately it is not possible to play that scenario by using TAC 2.02d, the current version of TAC.

If the victory conditions independance and domination are enabled, the player wins the game immediately. If domination is enabled and no other condition, Colonization crashs before the map is created.

Ozzy, I had presented your map at the German TAC development forum. Unfortunately it is not possible to play that scenario by using TAC 2.02d, the current version of TAC.

If the victory conditions independance and domination are enabled, the player wins the game immediately. If domination is enabled and no other condition, Colonization crashs before the map is created.

I've updated the map! I just tried it out and it seems to work ok for TAC 2.03.

Top Bottom