[Map Script] Continents and Islands

tectonics is a map script available with the latest patch for BtS or downloadable here.
The idea is to have land plates and sea plates.
The Pangaea option makes sure there's one big sea plate on the border of the map and land plates more or less in the middle. With no sea plates between the land plates, you end up with one big island (with hills and mountains on the borders).

jam3 it's possible to add an option: "Worlds Wrap: Toroidal" to your map script ? if yes, will be nice if you'll do it :)

This looks interesting, I'll give it a go. :D

I've always looked for a certain map script, but none had the 'feel'. :) Fractal produces too many pangaea maps, and I hate meeting all civs early and not needing much of a navy. Big and Small and Medium and Small always seemed rather imbalanced to me. I am currently trying Hemispheres, but unfortunately, there is no way to tell the generator, when placing random continents, to choose from the 3-5 range, not the 2-6 range, I hate both extremes. (2 - too continents like, 6 - to easy for the human in monarch, which I play, since there's no tech trading on the other land masses either, and the AI seems to suck in isolation) + Hemispheres is too predictable, offers maps with insufficient asymmetry for my taste.

Anyway, your map script looks closer to what I've been searching for. :D

Would anyone be able to mod this mapscript so that there is an option for all civs to start in the old world on one continent (like a terra map)?

Bump! To tell you this script instantly became my all time favourite. Combining fractal with big and small and clumping produces unpredictable, realistic and varied landscapes. I did revert the latitude changes in tundra and ice. I like those big wastelands.

My only regret is that I haven't come across it sooner.

Top Bottom