Map Seeds - different on iPad/PC?

CalmDownMonkey

Chieftain
My friend and I want to play the exact same map/game to see who can do better under the same circumstances.

The game/map seeds seemed ideal for this - however, even if we use the exact same settings and seeds, our games end up looking very different.

I'm using the vanilla Civ6 PC version and she's using the iPad version. Are the seeds transferable between both versions of the game? Should be both see the exact same starting positions when we load up the game with the same seeds?

Thanks!

I'm not sure, but I always thought a map seed makes resources and tile placement the same, but not necessarily starting position or civs used.

Maybe you could start a game, save before settling and send her the save file?

So far, using the same game setup options and seeds results in vastly different games being generated on the iPad.
I got her to try using some of the "suggested seeds" from the Civ subreddit, and her results never match the screenshots posted there.
It seems the iPad must have a different algorithm for generating the games/maps, so we're struggling to find a workaround to allow us to play the same game.

Is it possible to move this thread to the iPad version board? There's a chance someone there might know about this

Interesting idea... do you know if the iPad and PC save files happen to be compatible?
I believe they are as long as you have the same version of the game, same mods, if any, same dlcs.
I believe you can use iTunes to get save onto your iPad or to get a copy to share.

Top Bottom