1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Map size on iPad and Mac/PC

Discussion in 'Civ6 - iPad' started by Earlybird, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Earlybird

Earlybird Chieftain

Is the map size exactly the same on both systems? I recognized much more and earlier contact with other civs on the iPad. I tried to play a cultural game with cleopatra but since I had almost no space for me I had to attack my neighbors immediately after I build my second city..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. Earlybird

Earlybird Chieftain

I counted the tiles and compared them with the Mac version and they are the same. Still I have the feeling that the iPad version is much more difficult than the Mac version. I play on deity and I have almost immediately contact with other civs and I get surrounded by them extremely fast. I’am wondering if other players share my experiences..

3. DrPlokta

DrPlokta Chieftain

Here's my most recent start on my iPad (Emperor, small Pangea map). I would call that a bit more than "almost immediate" contact.

IMG_0123.jpg

4. Earlybird

Earlybird Chieftain

Haha.. couldn’t get any closer.. had similar encounters. Actually not bad, because you can snatch a settler from the AI very early .. had such encounters also with settlers from city states which haven’t found a city yet