Map size

Lorienator

Chieftain
I get the impression that the map should be no bigger than standard sized, but can people tell me why this is?

I only ever play on huge maps, so this is a bit disappointing

I get the impression that the map should be no bigger than standard sized, but can people tell me why this is?

I suppose the lack of factions for a map. I believe there are currently 12 playable factions in Planetfall.

There is no inherent problem with large or huge maps, if you like to have some extra space - which also means more wildlife. The main reason why Standard is seen as reference is because the creator of the mod Maniac prefers this size for testing and bug-hunting (but more for performance then for gameplay reasons, IIRC)

Oh yeah that must have been the reason. :idea: When I read this thread, I wondered "Yeah, why did I suggest people to play on Standard again? :confused:" ;) Good that you're around to remind me. Anyway, now that I have a new computer the importance of that reason is significantly reduced. I assume at least: I still haven't tried playing on Large. I want their to be competition for territory in my games, which would be reduced the bigger the map is.

Top Bottom