Map stuff to discuss

Beorn-eL-Feared

Idiot riding pedals
RegentMan said:
Teams, please decide what you'd like the base map type to be:

Rik Made - Completely Random
Rik makes the map, and he decides everything (70% pangaea/80% continent/etc., size, temperature, climate, and age).

Rik Made - Parameters Team-Decided
Rik makes the map but the teams decide 70% pangaea/80% continent/etc., size, temperature, climate, and age.

Non-Rik Made - Completely Random
Ginger or myself start up a new PBEM and pick random for everything (70% pangaea/80% continent/etc., size, temperature, climate, and age).

Non-Rik Made - Parameters Team-Decided
Ginger or myself start up a new PBEM and pick everything (70% pangaea/80% continent/etc., size, temperature, climate, and age) according to the teams' will.

Abstain
Your team abstains from voting.

Barbarians, SGL, and SoZ terms will be decided in a different vote. Try to have the vote in by Sunday or Monday-ish. :)
GA said:
Off the top of my head, we still need:

Barbarians Poll
Map Style Poll
Map Size Poll
Ruleset Poll
Custom Rule Changes Poll (e.g. change to SoZ? Editing of naval units? etc.)

I think that's it...
So what do these idiots think?

For my part:

My first reflex is to say leave it all to Rik, but in case it does fall in our hands to decide on this:

I think for 5 people, the 'usual' standard size could be good, although if it goes to archipelago it would be nice to have a smaller world - boats do make a game longer. Being non-agr, we will benefit most from a larger map where our industriously enhanced cities/granaries will help us catch the development curve later on.

Map style: I like action, pangea. 60% only if the map size is small, otherwise 70 or 80, leaning on 70. The rest at random sounds good.

ruleset: was fine, except maybe more room for breaking treaties, I think last game was a bit stiff on that; what's the use for paranoïa if you don't get to say "They ARE coming for us !!!"

No SoZ

how about making SoZ a small wonder. That way everyone could build it. That would be fun.

The avoidance of the treaty breaking in the last game is the fact that we all knew that there would be another game and also our honor prevented us from going back on our word. It just so happens that MIA's word was a little more lawyer-entangled than ours.

Top Bottom