Map Suggestion Thread

dissatisfieduser

Chieftain
I've played a couple of hours of RFC v79 and I have a couple things I want to suggest regarding the map.

1. Change the marsh south of Angkor into a lake; add a couple tiles east of Phnom Penh and extend the Mekong.
proposal:
proposal Mekong&Tonlesap.png

turnout:
Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 12.42.12 PM.png Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 12.42.27 PM.png
As you can see, continental SEA looks more accurate and there's now room for Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City to exist.

2. Change the course of the Ganges River so that it is adjacent to India's spawn.
proposal and turnout:
proposal Ganges.png Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 12.39.51 PM.png
I didn't like how settling one tile right of spawn would found Lucknow. Of course, I could just rename the city manually so this isn't a change I seriously expect to happen; just a nice-to-have.

3. Add floodplain to tile with salt luxury near Egypt spawn.
proposal and turnout:
proposal Nile.png Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 12.39.42 PM.png
The point of this change is that it is currently impossible for an Egypt player to settle Alexandria in the early game. While Alexandria being founded by Greece, which is in such a position to do so, is more historically accurate, I've rarely seen the AI do so, which leaves the dyes near the city unworked for most of the game.

4. Add river to represent the Bosphorus.
proposal:
proposal bosphorus.png
Pretty straightforward: the river will hamper movement between Europe and Asia at this location, which reflects the situation in real life; also, makes Constantinople a more powerful city.

ok, implemented some the changes. Except India, and regarding Egypt, instead of that passage, I opened the east one (enabling movement of settlers to the Middle East; I want to leave the space in Alexandria, Cyrenaica etc. for Greece, Phoenicia and Rome)

Last edited:
Top Bottom